Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
dalantos

PostPosted: Tue Feb 11, 2014 10:16 pm Reply with quote

I add a new admin using the author's administration menu and assign the author Super User access. The user appears to have been created properly and without issue. I log out of my god admin account and I attempt to login to the account using the password assigned. The account simply keeps recycling the admin login page after attempting to login as if to suggest that the form did not receive the proper login information. I am certain that the password is correct and have changed it using the modify info interface for the new author's account. I have also created an additional admin and then altered the password for that account to match the first new admin, and then verified they match in the SQL table.

I scoured this forum for about 3 hours and could not find anything explicitly matching my issue. My troubleshooting steps have also included downgrading the site theme to a default unmodified theme, commenting out Nuke Sentinel in the main file(briefly, comment marks are removed now). I have not done any major modifications that would lead me to believe that the scripts might be borked up beyond the original load. The version listed in the mainfile is RavenNuke 2.5.

Normally I would simply just be satisfied with using the god admin account and up until now I haven't tested this functionality on this site mainly because it has always worked in the past fine and I figured I'd use it when I needed it. I need to pass operational administration to some of the members of the community who use the site how and I do not feel comfortable passing them the god admin access given that they are predominantly computer novices.

I'd really appreciate some insight from you masters of the nuke out there. Thanks in advance.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 5:52 am Reply with quote

Are you trying to log them in through the regular user login or the admin login?

Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:59 pm Reply with quote

Hi dalantos,

Have you tried using a different browser or clearing your cache / cookies and restarting?

dalantos

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 7:13 pm Reply with quote

Yes I have tried the basics, sorry for not listing them as I didn't consider them closely relevant to the issue. I am attempting to log them into the /admin.php like I would if I were using the god login. I have however attempted it on the regular user logon a couple of times, but the portal behaved as expected, throwing an unknown user/password response.

Thank you for looking at the issue guys and I appreciate any insights you come up with.

v/r
Vincent Midgley

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:09 am Reply with quote

Make sure you are using the latest RN, version 2.51.00 and that you are running atleast PHP 5.2 on your server. If so, make sure it is not an issue with captcha, set $gfx_chk in config.php to 0 and try it again. If that doesn't work, turn on error reporting in rnconfig.php and look in your rnlogs/dblog file for errors.

Also, make sure the usernames do not contain spaces or illegal characters in them.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 7:27 am Reply with quote

Can you rename or remove these 3 files?

.staccess:

.htaccess

.ftaccess

After doing that please try again and report.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 9:14 am Reply with quote

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc, this is not a issue with the AUTH of the sentinel... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:32 pm Reply with quote

Ok I have tried renaming the .htaccess and .staccess, that changed nothing. I did that one before posting, again sorry for not going into more detail on what I attempted prior to asking for help.
@Nuken, following your lead, I disabled captcha for a few trys, no change. I did some level 2 logging and got a bunch of successful calls for both god login and then one that is failing. Level 3 logging showed no entries for either type.

Server vitals are as follows:
Apache version 2.2.22
PHP version 5.2.17
MySQL version 5.1.72-cll

So that brings me to a final troubleshooting step which is to load the latest and greatest RN as I am almost certain that I am using 2.5.

Wish me luck I suppose. I will report back when I have more news.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 3:53 pm Reply with quote

You can find the version of RN you are using in rnconfig.php.
The only way I could repeat the error you had was to create an admin with either a space or non allowed character in the username and then try to login that admin. I'm sure you are aware of this, but always backup your site before you attempt an update.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 4:17 pm Reply with quote

Also, make sure you are using the Nickname as the username and not the Name field.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic