Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
thumpn8974
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:17 pm Reply with quote

I am trying to make a forum area private, for like my founders only. I tried to create groups and added them to thier own founders group. I then setup the access under forum permission control and set it to Private(hidden). I also went under group permissions and set my founder group to be the only ones to access it, so I thought. Is there something I am missing. Is there a tutorial out there to walk me through setting up private rooms, so to speak. My reason is that I have stuff that I don't want all the users to have accesss to. I thought it was secure, but I was wrong. Is there a way to fix it?

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:42 am Reply with quote

You don't need a groop for that. You can create a private forum and add your wanted users to this forum. For sure you must do this setting for every wanted user but i think its easier as to play with groups and their permissions.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:55 pm Reply with quote

The reason I set up groups is because I can quickly select who I want in that group. I have tried both, but for some reason they can still see the private (hidden) areas, or at lest I believe I did. I went under phpbb administration and went all the way down to the bottom to put the person's name in it, I set their permissions, but it they are still able to see the "private[hidden]" forum areas.

neralex

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:23 pm Reply with quote

You are using to hide the Advanced Mode or the Simple Mode? Try to use the Advanced Mode of Forum Permissions and set the values for 'View' and 'Read' to private.

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm Reply with quote

I seem to have obtained an error. I tried to update one user and I got this:

Quote:
Could not obtain moderator status

DEBUG MODE

SQL Error : 1064 You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ') AND aa.group_id = ug.group_id AND aa.auth_mod = 1 GROUP BY ug.user_' at line 3

SELECT ug.user_id, COUNT(auth_mod) AS is_auth_mod FROM nuke_bbauth_access aa, nuke_bbuser_group ug WHERE ug.user_id IN () AND aa.group_id = ug.group_id AND aa.auth_mod = 1 GROUP BY ug.user_id

Line : 561
File : admin_ug_auth.php

All I did was go to change his permissions and when I did I got that error message when I hit "submit"

thumpn8974

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:10 pm Reply with quote

Oh, and I figured out what I was doing to screw it up. I wasn't setting each forum to private that I wanted to be private. I thought I was selecting areas, but there isn't one for that, so it was a goof on my part. Thank you for your help.
As for that error message, I have no idea.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic