Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
mrixnewaccount
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 1:15 am Reply with quote

Hello all, I updated to this latest versions a few months ago but have not really edited anything on my site since the upgrade, having a look through at the time most seemed to be working fine and the forum functioning as usual until today I noticed I can not edit any of my custom blocks ? ie: I have a block that contains some adsense code and even though its displaying on the site, it just shows blank in the editor when I click on edit ? I can activate and deactivate but cannot edit?
Any idea`s ?
Thanks
mrix

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote

Click source on the editor.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote

Hi this is the think when I click source nothing happens ?
Cheers
mrix

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:38 pm Reply with quote

Are you using the stock nukeWYSIWYG or the upgraded one from nukeSEO, nukeWYSIWYG 3.6.3.1?

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:01 pm Reply with quote

Hi I am using whatever comes with ravennuke 2.5, I have not modded anything.

Thanks
mrix

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:50 pm Reply with quote

Using the latest nukeWYSIWYG editor, I have no problem viewing the source of a javascript block. You could update it and see if that helps. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 3:26 am Reply with quote

Hello, when I upgraded to 2.5 I decided to upgrade two of my forums, one of them is running the editor correctly and the other not?
I decided to download all the necessary files from the site that`s working to the site that`s not to find still the same issue, the editor does not appear to work anywhere on the site.
What other options are there if its not actually the files ?
Thanks all
mrix

nuken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:31 am Reply with quote

The editor has nothing to do with the forums so I'm not sure what you are referring to. Unless you have some other js conflict going on that is interfering with the editor, it should be working. Verify you installed it correctly. I have an adsense block on my site that is deactivated and the js in the block appears fine when I click source using the latest nukeWYSIWYG editor. Also, try it with a stock theme to make sure it is not theme related.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 8:01 am Reply with quote

It could be a simple conflict with the determinded id="content" in your theme. Follow my last post in this thread, maybe it helps.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:26 am Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for the replies, I am at a loss as I cannot achieve. edit anything using the editor at the moment, I will see if that idea might work that neralex suggested, thanks
mrix

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:33 am Reply with quote

When you say the determinded id="content" in your theme, where am I likely to find this piece of code within the theme? theme.php ???
I am confused on this.
Thanks for any help
mrix

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:43 am Reply with quote

Hello, I just had a thought where I would change the site theme and see if it worked using other themes but nothing changed? I guess your fix would be of no use in this situation ?
So I am back to square one.
At a complete loss now.
Any other ideas I could try would be greatly apreciated.
Thanks
mrix

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:55 am Reply with quote

I don't know what for a theme you are using so can't answer to you question directly. The markup for a theme is based in the theme.php or also in extra files for header, footer etc. With all themes in the install-package of RN it works fine there don't exist the id="content". Do you have tested a theme from the install-package of RN or not?

Last edited by neralex on Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:30 am; edited 1 time in total 
mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 10:34 am Reply with quote

Hi I changed the theme to all the default themes and I still have the issue ?
Thanks
mrix

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:41 am Reply with quote

Is it only in one specific browser?
Do you have checked other browsers?

If the issue is located in only one browser, try to clear the browser cache and reload the forumular.

But if you have the issue in different browsers, then here the next questions:

Is the issue only in the edit-formular of one block or in all blocks?
Do you have the same issue, when you are creating a new html-block?
Do you have checked the News-edit formular or other formulars with the editor inside?

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 1:54 pm Reply with quote

Hello and thanks for your ideas, I normally use Google Chrome which works fine with my other ravennuke site, I have tried IE where I can now see the contents of the blocks but with no editor, all I can do it paste code in but at least that allows me to do something.
The issue is on everything in the site all blocks and anywhere I need to use the editor it just shows white like the screenshot below...

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 2:57 pm Reply with quote

In IE the FCKeditor has some probs. Do you have tried to clear the browser cache of your chrome (chrome://history/)?

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 3:38 pm Reply with quote

You should try the upgraded editor from nukeSEO. I have had no issues with javascript in blocks with it. The standard FCKeditor is outdated and will continue to have issues with newer browsers. The updated CKeditor resolves many of the browser related issues.

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:51 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
In IE the FCKeditor has some probs. Do you have tried to clear the browser cache of your chrome (chrome://history/)?

Yes no difference
Cheers
mrix

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 3:17 am Reply with quote

Hi mrixnewaccount

nuken suggested twice to upgrade but it looks like you don't wanna do it. You are still with the same editor and believe me u will get more problem in the future if you stay with the same editor, Please download CKeditor updated from the link nuken showed you and follow the instructions. Very Happy

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:18 am Reply with quote

nuken suggested twice to upgrade but it looks like you don't wanna do it.

Hello, I did try but I was confused by the config edit instructions, I am not sure what I am actually meant to edit / replace etc

I at first tried moving all the files over and ended up with a white front page? I then noticed I needed to edit the config and that`s where I stalled.
Cheers
mrix

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote

As long as you have not modified the mainfile, all you need to do is upload the contents of the html folder to your sites root and find the following in your config.php file:

Code:

if (defined('INCLUDE_PATH') && file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php')) {
   require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php';
} else {
   echo <<< ERROR
      <!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN"
    "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">
   <head>
      <title>Unable To Locate RN CONFIG file!</title>
   </head≶
   <body>
      Unable to locate the RavenNukeā„¢ configuration file - rnconfig.php<br />
      <br />

It could be missing or not readable. Please verify that the file exists and is readable in the root folder.<br />
      <br />
      This may also be caused by a third party module/script which attempts to include config.php directly rather than including mainfile.php and letting it load config.php, or otherwise does not follow RavenNuke(tm) standards on how the constant INCLUDE_PATH is defined (this is done in mainfile.php, and is dependent upon other constants).
   </body>
</html>
ERROR;
}

and replace it with:

Code:

require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/rnconfig.php';

You may need to clear your browsers cache, but that is it.

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote

Hello this is what confused me as the only code I have in both config.php on both my ravennuke sites one where the editor work and another is does not have only this code...

if (defined('INCLUDE_PATH') && file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php')) require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php';
else {
echo 'Unable to locate the RavenNuke&trade; configuration file - ' . INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php' . "\n<br /><br />";
echo 'It could be missing or not readable. Please verify that the file exists and is readable in the root folder.';
die();
}
?>

nuken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:43 am Reply with quote

Just replace

Code:

if (defined('INCLUDE_PATH') && file_exists(INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php')) require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php';
else {
echo 'Unable to locate the RavenNuke&trade; configuration file - ' . INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php' . "\n<br /><br />";
echo 'It could be missing or not readable. Please verify that the file exists and is readable in the root folder.';
die();
}

with

Code:

require_once dirname(__FILE__) . '/rnconfig.php';

be sure to leave the ?>

mrixnewaccount

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote

Wow! now that really did do the trick! huge thanks for the help on this! that New editor looks fantastic!
Cannot thank you all enough.
Very pleased
mrix

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic