Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
wiz
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:05 am Reply with quote

Just recently i was alerted to the fact that new users cannot register at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] . I tried it myself and no matter what the username, it is already taken.

HELP !!

PHP : 5.3.26
MYSQL : 5.1.68 cll
Apache : 2.2.25

Cheers in advance

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:44 pm Reply with quote

It is probably a javascript conflict. Your site has sever scripts added as well as a second jquery called after the head.

Code:

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/jquery-1.6.4.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/ddaccordion.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/custom_css/accordian.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/accordian.js"></script>
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="includes/custom_css/tabcontent.css" />
<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/tabcontent.js"></script>

<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/jquery.validate.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="includes/custom_js/jquery-ui.js"></script>
</script>

If the js is added by the theme, try changing themes to one of the default ones and see if it works.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:38 am Reply with quote

I commented those out, but still the same issue occurs

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 7:37 am Reply with quote

You have lost your body tag or better the body tag is totally wrong placed. You have also many validation issues in your code. Try to fix all errors and warnings:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:09 am Reply with quote

Can markup that hasnt been changed in 4 years really break SQL ?

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote

I still think it is a javascript conflict. jQuery is used to display the warning. Try removing some of the 3rd party javascript that is being loaded that you are not using. I noticed you have js for Ravennuke Reflection and twitter. If you are not using them, remove the files in includes/addons that is loading them. I would also try it with a stock theme if you haven't already.

wiz

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 3:02 pm Reply with quote

Yeh, tried it with various stock themes, and commented out all includes in the custom header

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 6:34 am Reply with quote

wiz, commenting out the includes in the custom header is one piece, but nuken also mentioned the includes/addons directory. You may still have something in there which conflicts?

wiz

PostPosted: Mon Nov 11, 2013 2:26 pm Reply with quote

Good point Montego
will check that also and report back
Cheers guys

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 7:55 am Reply with quote

OK, i deleted the files in the addons dir, disabled sentinel and switched to a stock theme (extralite) and still i get...

fder78 has already been registered, is blocked, or contains invalid characters

This is beginning to bug me now.

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:26 am Reply with quote

nuken, is right - its a javascript conflict! Do you have it tried to disable your Donations-Block? It could be also your wrong markup, because you have a heavy chaos in there and if JS should work correctly then you need a clear markup.

If you have tried a stock theme then you have some self added code in your markup becaue with a clean install of RN it works without a hit.

I would use a local test server system like WAMP, create a backup of all files and database, put all stored files and the DB into the local test server and then i would start to remove all self installed 3rd party addons. It seems for me you have added many unneeded stuff.

BTW its not needed to disable the sentinel.

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 8:48 am Reply with quote

Thanks Neralex
I disabled sentinel just incase it was blocking registrations Wink

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:18 am Reply with quote

still 94 Errors, 20 warning(s).

Lots of work to do on your site but I notice u weren't use a decent editor neither. Good Luck!

Shocked

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:35 am Reply with quote

Yes i fully admit there are validation errors, but surely thats client side... the check for username availability is surely SQL... Server side. And as i have said, the code has been standing for 4 years untouched...So why should it break now?

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote

As for editor I have always use Dreamweaver, currently CS6

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Have you turned on error reporting to see if any errors are being generated? Also, what version of RN are you running? You may need to upgrade to the latest. I would recommend testing the upgrade on a local install and make sure you have the production site backed up.

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:02 pm Reply with quote

rn2.51.00
Error reporting lists 2 instances of a depreciated eregi()

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm Reply with quote

If you are using 251 then you have a self created issue and it seems only you can find it through a deep search in your selfmade changes.

I have disabled JS in my browser and have tried a registration on your website. I got this warning from Your_Account:

Your selected username contains a restricted string.

Do you have made changes in Your_Account?

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:58 pm Reply with quote

negative, i can re-upload the module...but seriously zero work on the site in maybe 4 years

neralex

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Do you have made changes in the list of 'Blocked Username Strings' in the admin-area of Your_Account?

/admin.php?op=yaUsersConfig

Limits / Blocked Username Strings

wiz

PostPosted: Tue Nov 12, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote

read my last post

neralex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:58 am Reply with quote

...same for you!

I have it tested on 4 local installations with RN250 and RN251, three online versions with patched RN250 and a clear RN251 - in all installations it works without a hit. Its a result of your own changes and only you can find it with a deeper search in your files and db-tables.

Good luck!

wiz

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 10:33 am Reply with quote

Obviously RN works, thats why i have used it for the last 7 years, And obviously there is a problem with my installation. Hence why i rarely post here unless i really need advice. Telling me that my install is broken.. Yeh thats great advice.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Nov 13, 2013 4:38 pm Reply with quote

Firefox has some javascript debugger addons that may help locate what your site is running and may even offer some insight into the errors. You could also load your database into a local install with a fresh Ravennuke site and that could help to pin point what might be causing it. If it works, start copying your modules and blocks to the test install and see what is breaking it. This way you are not risking damaging your live site.

neralex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:19 am Reply with quote

I have it tested with firebug but i've got no errors from the JS error console. After disable JS in firefox i've got a error from Your_Account:

Your selected username contains a restricted string.

And this is not a result of a JS script. It seems for me he has made changes on the list of 'Blocked Username Strings' in the admin-area of Your_Account or he has damaged this db-table through something else. I could be wrong but this error comes only if the used array is filled with a restriction.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic