Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
horror-code

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:30 pm Reply with quote

I think this is an old issue and may be discussed elsewhere but I am starting from scratch with RN again.

On a new install(2.5.0.1), [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Setting the Default Fields does not work, it saves the changes properly, but the normal fields are still available when registering/editing a profile. even if they are set to deativated. It appears to work for some fields but not all. This can be explained in detail but it would make for a long topic...

I don't know what is happening, but everything is installed and running properly from what I can tell. I will turn on debugging though.

Here is a screenshot of the settings(ill be happy to provide root/admin):

this is what is displayed when registering:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and this is when logged in:

Everything seems fine when logged in though.

Email activation is disabled.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:16 pm Reply with quote

Set use email activation to yes and see if it works correctly.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:40 pm Reply with quote

It looks like the code intended for all those to show if you have Use Email Activation set to no and Require Admin Approval set to no. You should never have those set to no together because the user will not be able to register.

horror-code

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:42 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
It looks like the code intended for all those to show if you have Use Email Activation set to no and Require Admin Approval set to no. You should never have those set to no together because the user will not be able to register.

I was able to create an account after setting everything as it is in the above ss, and the registration process was fine. It activated and everything as I expected it to, without any admin intervention.

I will try what you suggested though.

horror-code

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote

Ok, that worked after re-enabling email activation.

So, perhaps I could change the code from the requires activation process to do the same when it does not require activation?

As I said, I am able to create an account and it instantly activates, with both activation and admin approval disabled. And I would rather not have email activation enabled.

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Apr 30, 2013 4:44 am Reply with quote

If you want to allow users to register without admin approval and no email, go through new_user.php and remove all instances of
Code:

or ($ya_config['requireadmin'] == 0 AND $ya_config['useactivate'] == 0)

and it should only show those fields that are set to show.

You can do a find and replace in the file. There should be like 10 of them.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:29 am Reply with quote

horror-code wrote:
nuken wrote:

I was able to create an account after setting everything as it is in the above ss, and the registration process was fine. It activated and everything as I expected it to, without any admin intervention.

I will try what you suggested though.

Were you logged in as an admin at the time?
You could probably register/create a normal user account if you were only logged in as an admin, even with those settings 'off'. I haven't tested it myself but t seems pheasable.

Also, please be careful if you disable admin approval or email verification, they are there for a reason - to help combat spammers.

horror-code

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 12:50 pm Reply with quote

No, I was not logged in as admin. I created the new user in a different browser using incognito mode. So could there be a bug somewhere?

I can change the settings back to how I had them if you'd like to test it yourself. Let me know.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic