Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
ricktido
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:25 pm Reply with quote

Would this mod be able to work on bbtonuke?
I know it would take some thinking to port it to Nuke, but could it be used? Could almost any mod (2.22 - 2.23) for phpBB2 be used for bbtonuke?

Thanks.

Mod: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 9:34 pm Reply with quote

Any thing can be ported. I doubt anyone would be willing to since it is a very old mod that would have very few people wanting it. PHP has improved drastically since 2008. A mod that old would be of limited value on a site in 2013.

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 10:22 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Any thing can be ported. I doubt anyone would be willing to since it is a very old mod that would have very few people wanting it. PHP has improved drastically since 2008. A mod that old would be of limited value on a site in 2013.

So, it would be able to work, even though php was different in 2008, right?

If I wouldn't be able to use that, how else could I get a report post system for Nuke? This is essential to me.

nuken

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2013 11:56 pm Reply with quote

What kind of report system do you need? Like a help desk? If so, there is a help desk module for RavenNuke.

It's not that php was different as much as some functions have been deprecated and some new and better functions are available that were not in 2008. On top of that, the last few updates he did were dealing with sql injections. That entire mod would need someone to go over the entire thing to make sure the data is properly sanitized and have CSRF protection. That does not even include the porting changes and any other code updates needed.

Again, I seriously doubt you will find anyone willing to port it for you.

ricktido

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 11:01 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
What kind of report system do you need? Like a help desk? If so, there is a help desk module for RavenNuke.

It's not that php was different as much as some functions have been deprecated and some new and better functions are available that were not in 2008. On top of that, the last few updates he did were dealing with sql injections. That entire mod would need someone to go over the entire thing to make sure the data is properly sanitized and have CSRF protection. That does not even include the porting changes and any other code updates needed.

Again, I seriously doubt you will find anyone willing to port it for you.

Well that is unfortunate.

What I need is a mod where a user can click a report button that is shown below every post, by the PM buttons, etc, and the user can enter a reason as to why they are reporting the post, or select a reason from a drop-down list (this part would be nice, but is not essential, all I really need is a Report Post feature, whether they can enter a reason, or not).

And obviously, the reports would have to be seen somewhere, like in the bbtonuke ACP or something.

It's surprising that a mod like this hasn't been ported to bbtonuke. I thought many people would have wanted it :3

nuken

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 12:33 pm Reply with quote

I will look around and see if I can find one that my work.

ricktido

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 8:31 pm Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
I will look around and see if I can find one that my work.

Ok, thank you. Please get back to me if you find any more information.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic