Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
horror-code

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 7:44 pm Reply with quote

ricktido wrote:
I said I could pay.

I can't become "as good as you guys", that's why I want to pay to have done what I'd like done.

Each time I ask the "same question", I always learn A LOT more. From this thread alone, I have learned more than I ever had from previous threads. Am I really causing any problems by asking questions and for help? So much for a support site...

ricktido wrote:
Nice post, HorrorCode... I have given up multiple times and moved to scripts-foru-dummies, such as IP.Board, vBulletin, and MyBB, all that require basically a simple file upload, and then you have your mod working. They are a lot easier to work with, but for some reason, I've always came back to Nuke. I just love it so much, except I'm not all that good with it. Honestly, I wouldn't be able to dedicate enough time to be able to focus so much on Nuke, as I'm constantly focusing on school and work. The good thing is, I'm in my second year of web design at my High School, and I plan on focusing on a career with computers and web design. I know I'm not that good at it, but I'm getting there :3

Considering my age, I wouldn't be able to obtain enough money to be able to pay for what I would like. I have no credit card or bank account, either. So my only options would be 'Option 1' and 'Option 3'...

I know I sound like a whiny kid to you guys, because all of you are so advanced in Nuke, and I ask for so much help, but I have spent countless hours studying and reading about Nuke. Unfortunately, many of the links to interesting mods that I would like to use are all down, because they are from >2006 and they can't keep their sites up and running! Obviously they have given up!

There's many people that could get me all of what I want within a month or less, but those people obviously require a large payment, in which I cannot provide. Sad

At one point you said you wouldn't be able to obtain enough money to pay, yet you opened a separate post previously offering $5000.00

You're posts are very confusing at times, and calling someone an ass without due cause does not get you anywhere. There are many factors in which you could have been banned/suspended on a site with over 1 million users.

All that aside, this post is very far off topic. If you can pay, stick to the classifieds section and try starting with a simple project, offering something reasonable, or leave it up to the coder to name the price. If you can't stop saying you can, and start learning. I am pretty sure Sean is busy these days, and just because his user account is still active does not mean he still owns the site. Anyone can call themselves "Sean" and say they're him. If you know him personally, you would contact him directly.

Another approach you could take is to make a new account on there, and open an actual thread in the site support section, asking for Sean to contact you about possibly paying for some support from him. He is in the money making business, and you would probably get a bit further by offering something in return instead of just begging for support.

ricktido
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 9:36 pm Reply with quote

horror-code wrote:

At one point you said you wouldn't be able to obtain enough money to pay, yet you opened a separate post previously offering $5000.00

You're posts are very confusing at times, and calling someone an ass without due cause does not get you anywhere. There are many factors in which you could have been banned/suspended on a site with over 1 million users.

All that aside, this post is very far off topic. If you can pay, stick to the classifieds section and try starting with a simple project, offering something reasonable, or leave it up to the coder to name the price. If you can't stop saying you can, and start learning. I am pretty sure Sean is busy these days, and just because his user account is still active does not mean he still owns the site. Anyone can call themselves "Sean" and say they're him. If you know him personally, you would contact him directly.

Another approach you could take is to make a new account on there, and open an actual thread in the site support section, asking for Sean to contact you about possibly paying for some support from him. He is in the money making business, and you would probably get a bit further by offering something in return instead of just begging for support.

That was when I was partnered with one of my friends and we were to bring together a total of 5K, no lie. That didn't turn out to happen, obviously...

And the best way to contact Sean would have been through PM, which I did. And there is no other reason I would have been banned. I have never done anything or even had an existing account on that site. I just signed up and Private Messaged Sean what I said I sent him, and the next morning I was suspended and IP banned. I can't make a new topic asking for support from him because I cannot register or login; I am IP banned.

He likes to keep it a real secret that they use Nuke. All of the staff, including Sean and Telli, claim that it was "made from scratch" and "custom-coded". This gets me angry, considering that they are taking credit for much code that was not in fact written by them, although it was very heavily modified. I am positive that some of he Nuke code remains.

Of course, I wouldn't be listened to from Sean, as I'm just a normal person. You claim that you have helped Sean set up TTG, so maybe you should attempt to contact him and maybe help all of the Nuke community out by him releasing or providing a method of some of their modules and mods. (Ex: "X Year Member Mod", "Profile Tabs", "vB Reputation System", etc. Maybe he would listen to you, because he knows you.

And I have seen in an old screenshot of TTG that they used NukeSentinel 2.4.2pl1.

And their forum header looks like Nuke Evo or something.

Very well, then. I can see that this is not getting me anywhere. I will start over from scratch, with a fresh installation of RN, because RN is the best, and I will install any mods I like, and when I encounter issues or require assistance, I will make a topic here. Hopefully, I will get some help without being told to learn myself.

jestrella

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 6:55 am Reply with quote

Quote:
I know who designed the theme and I'm getting a custom one from the designer of XboxMB and TTG to make me one. It is $450.

then...

Quote:
Considering my age, I wouldn't be able to obtain enough money to be able to pay for what I would like. I have no credit card or bank account, either. So my only options would be 'Option 1' and 'Option 3'...

Coherence, oh lord, coherence!

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
ricktido

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2013 2:15 pm Reply with quote

I'm paying a third of the total for the custom theme. I own the site along with two others.
Yes, I can afford to pay a third of that, but I can't be throwing around a lot of money for help. That's why I plan to request much support from here... I'm the one that helps make the site, and one guy is one that pays for the domain and hosting.

I don't think it's necessary to explain all of this, but sorry for the misunderstanding.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote

Everyone, this thread has gotten WAY out of control and many violations of Raven's posting policies. I am going to temporarily lock this thread to give folks time to cool off. I have also split out all the posts that were below this post here.

This is ricktido's thread and if he wants to ask his questions here, he is more than welcome to do so without intimidation, nasty remarks, etc. This STOPS NOW! You don't want to participate in this thread, STAY OUT.

GOT IT FOLKS! I will not warn you again. Please read Raven's board rules again:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2013 1:18 am Reply with quote

Very well said Montego. I just caught up with this thread - sorry!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic