Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums
 

 

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
Author Message
ricktido
Worker
Worker



Joined: Nov 09, 2012
Posts: 127

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 5:31 am Reply with quote

Is there a video module, that is similar to the Downloads module, that allows the uploading of videos, similar to that of the module here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I'm back into RavenNuke and am planning on making an epic community forums site and I have plans to order a $575 custom theme from EdenWebs! I've talked to then and all of it is planned out. I just really require a Videos module.

Also, is there a mod that makes the Quick Reply form closed and required you click << Quick Reply >> to make it drop-down? As seen here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

And how would I get the title of topics / threads in the URL, as seen on Codezwiz?

Thanks.
 
View user's profile Send private message
neralex
Site Admin



Joined: Aug 22, 2007
Posts: 1548

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:17 am Reply with quote

In a time where we have so many open platforms like youtube, vimeo etc... why should make it sense to create an upload module for videos? Also please note the default value for the filesize per upload-file is set on 10mb. To allow larger uploads with PHP you must change few settings in the php.ini (upload_max_filesize, max_input_time, memory_limit, max_execution_time, post_max_size). If you want do all these things, then you must have a very high traffic limit, because a default avi file with 10 mins playtime is near on 100mb or maybe more. The other side is, if some user are starting a video on your page with a flashplayer, then would the complete video downloaded in the users cache. Here you create the other big traffic. If you have some very strong dedicated servers to manage all this traffic...okay but with a "normal" webserver i would suggest you to use the known platforms and embed the videos like youtube.

_________________
Github: RavenNuke 
View user's profile Send private message
ricktido







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:05 am Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
In a time where we have so many open platforms like youtube, vimeo etc... why should make it sense to create an upload module for videos? Also please note the default value for the filesize per upload-file is set on 10mb. To allow larger uploads with PHP you must change few settings in the php.ini (upload_max_filesize, max_input_time, memory_limit, max_execution_time, post_max_size). If you want do all these things, then you must have a very high traffic limit, because a default avi file with 10 mins playtime is near on 100mb or maybe more. The other side is, if some user are starting a video on your page with a flashplayer, then would the complete video downloaded in the users cache. Here you create the other big traffic. If you have some very strong dedicated servers to manage all this traffic...okay but with a "normal" webserver i would suggest you to use the known platforms and embed the videos like youtube.


This is no problem at all. I currently run a very large website and have unlimited resources. Do you know of any module as like the one here? [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
 
neralex







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 11:17 am Reply with quote

I thought you are planning to have an epic community forums site Smile
 
Anders
Worker
Worker



Joined: Jun 16, 2004
Posts: 159
Location: Sweden

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
I thought you are planning to have an epic community forums site Smile



me too the sites url you that you refer too is great they works as you probly want too...
and they are not fast enought ppl will not look at them...i did try 4 times and it sucks
 
View user's profile Send private message
ricktido







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:16 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
I thought you are planning to have an epic community forums site Smile


Yes, I currently have a great site right now, but I plan to turn it into an epic RavenNuke site. I just need a videos module. Is there a module in which a user can add an embedded youtube vid or something?

Is there any nice person that has free time and that would be able to help me for free? You could be permanent full access admin and trust me, it will be worth it ;D

I have 31K members, but I use MyBB, and unfortunately, I know of no way of converting MyBB to RavenNuke, so it seems that I will have to start over Sad


Last edited by ricktido on Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:28 pm; edited 1 time in total 
neralex







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:43 pm Reply with quote

For me is the current high modded bb2nuke version inside RN the best solution. I don't need another port or bridge. I can do all what i want with this forum modification. MyBB is not really a better solution.

BTW custom coding fore free? you are funny...
 
ricktido







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:29 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
For me is the current high modded bb2nuke version inside RN the best solution. I don't need another port or bridge. I can do all what i want with this forum modification. MyBB is not really a better solution.

BTW custom coding fore free? you are funny...


No, no. I wished to CONVERT my MyBB forum to RavenNuke and use bbtonuke, which I am IN LOVE WITH. I don't want anything custom coded, Ijust need a helping hand to help with some things around the site.
 
neralex







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:16 pm Reply with quote

Why you don't post here your coding issues and see what you get? Try to explain it, but only ask for help without any detailed informations is not best way. Without a code snippet, where you issue is based, nobody can help you.
 
ricktido







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:36 pm Reply with quote

neralex wrote:
Why you don't post here your coding issues and see what you get? Try to explain it, but only ask for help without any detailed informations is not best way. Without a code snippet, where you issue is based, nobody can help you.


Ok... I can try that. I was just asking... And I would really like to know if there is any videos module or something similar.
 
ricktido







PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:48 pm Reply with quote

How would I add a base href to my RavenNuke site? Because the error pages if you go to /bisievd/shahs.php etc, screws up... I just need to know how to add a base href.
 
Display posts from previous:       
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum
You can attach files in this forum
You can download files in this forum


Powered by phpBB © 2001-2007 phpBB Group
All times are GMT - 6 Hours
 
Forums ©