Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff
hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:39 pm Reply with quote

Guys, I spent lots of time converting Wimpy Media Player in order to work smooth and validated. I got stuck with one file which is telling me I still got some validation problem. I already converted but I wonder what could be the problem.

OLD File

Code:
http://www.bestbuildpc.org/pastebin/1d3Z9FLC

NEW File Converted

Code:
http://www.bestbuildpc.org/pastebin/PElOvAAe

Any suggestion will be apriciated. Thanks in advance.

Wink

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:38 am Reply with quote

...unicorno, this is xhtml basic stuff!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:39 pm Reply with quote

neralex, this is not a way to respond a forum so people understand you know bettter or you think you are the only who can search on internet. I just showed to everybody what I did and it is related to some old stuff u won't find on internet since xhtml is running inside php files. Why is it so hard for you guys to answer a simple question. Who do you think you are? If you do not want to help me or give a right answer just stay away please.

Last edited by hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc on Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total 
neralex

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:52 am Reply with quote

Maybe you should learn some basic stuff before you are typing funny things in a forum like this... xHTML is not based on php! Both are different - very different! With a little bit of self searching you will find the right answers. But i will help you while searching...

Quote:
XHTML - markup language

Quote:
PHP - server-side scripting language

Wink

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:47 pm Reply with quote

@ hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc - Not everyone has the time to download stuff and install it. Maybe if you posted the actual validation errors you are getting, it might make it easier for others to help you or provide links to resources.

Just as a friendly reminder, making personal attacks against other members here (apart from being against this sites forum rules) is not going to encourage people to assist you.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:03 pm Reply with quote

Maybe I didn't explain as I should... When you use XHTML in php files it is different than this

Code:
<table width="100%">

I understand that very good but when it is about php then it is another story.

Code:
echo "<table background='modules/$module_name/images/random1/rotate.php' width='450' height='306' border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'>";

@Guardian: There is nothing to download. It is a pastedbin which shows the code. Nothing else.

I am getting this validation error

Code:
line 637 column 61 - Warning: <table> proprietary attribute "background"

I just converted myself the files and I got some validation errors but it looks like you can not even share anything here because inmediately in stead of solving the problem or just answer a simple question you get smartest people ever showing you how I should search on google and type XHTML. It is insame.

This is the old file

Code:
    <?php

global $admin, $user, $module_name;
    echo "<center>";
    echo "<table background='modules/$module_name/images/random1/rotate.php' width='450' height='306' border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'>";
    echo "<tr>";
    echo "<td align='center' valign='middle'>";
    //<!-- START WIMPY PLAYER CODE -->
    echo "<object classid='clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000' codebase='http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/shockwave/cabs/flash/swflash.cab#version=6,0,47,0' width='188' height='300' id='wimpy' align='center'>";
    echo "<param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always' />";
    echo "<param name='movie' value='modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf' />";
    echo "<param name='loop' value='false' />";
    echo "<param name='menu' value='false' />";
    echo "<param name='quality' value='high' />";
    echo "<param name='scale' value='noscale' />";
    echo "<param name='salign' value='lt' />";
    echo "<param name='bgcolor' value='000000' />";
    echo "<param name='background' value='modules/$module_name/images/show_tpt.jpg' />";
    echo "<param name='flashvars' value='wimpyApp=modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&wimpySkin=modules/$module_name/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&getMyid3info=no&startPlayingOnload=yes&shuffleOnLoad=yes&randomOnLoad=yes&voteScript=modules/$module_name/voting.php&trackPlays=modules/$module_name/tracking.php' />";
    echo "<param name='wmode' value='transparent' />";
    echo "<embed src='modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf' flashvars='wimpyApp=modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&wimpySkin=modules/$module_name/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&getMyid3info=yes&startPlayingOnload=yes&shuffleOnLoad=yes&randomOnLoad=yes&voteScript=modules/$module_name/voting.php&trackPlays=modules/$module_name/tracking.php' loop='false' menu='false' quality='high' wmode='transparent' width='188' height='300' scale='noscale' salign='lt' name='wimpy' align='center' bgcolor='000000' allowScriptAccess='always' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' />";
    echo "</object>";
    //<!-- END WIMPY PLAYER CODE -->
    echo "</td></tr></table>";
    echo "</center>";

The new file I converted and I still get some validation errors.

Code:
    <?php

echo '<div align="center">';
    echo "<table style='height:306px width:450px' background-image:url(modules/$module_name/images/random1/rotate.php) border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'>";
    echo "<tr>";
    echo "<td align='center' valign='middle'>";
    echo "<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' style='width:188px; height:300px;' data='modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf' flashvars='wimpyApp=modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&wimpySkin=modules/$module_name/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&getMyid3info=yes&startPlayingOnload=yes&shuffleOnLoad=yes&randomOnLoad=yes&voteScript=modules/$module_name/voting.php&trackPlays=modules/$module_name/tracking.php' loop='false' menu='false' quality='high' wmode='transparent' scale='noscale' salign='lt' name='wimpy' align='center' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'>";
    echo "</object>";
    echo "</td></tr></table>";
    echo "</div>";

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:46 am Reply with quote

Code:

Well the only real PHP code in that example is 'echo', the rest is pure HTML but it looks like instead of loading an image for the background, they are loading a php file to produce a random image.
You may need to change that to use a inline style like this;
Code:

<table style="background-image:url('modules/'.'$module_name.'/images/tandom1/rotata.php'); width:450px; height:306px; border:0px; padding:0px; border-spacing:0px;">

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote

I tried that already but it doesn't work. That is why I wanted to share this with you.

Code:

echo '<div align="center">';
echo '<table style="background-image:url('modules/''. $module_name.'/images/tandom1/rotate.php'); width:450px; height:306px; border:0px; padding:0px; border-spacing:0px;">
echo '<tr>';
echo '<td align="center" valign="middle">';
echo "<object type='application/x-shockwave-flash' style='width:188px; height:300px;' data='modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf' flashvars='wimpyApp=modules/$module_name/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&amp;wimpySkin=modules/$module_name/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&amp;getMyid3info=yes&amp;startPlayingOnload=yes&amp;shuffleOnLoad=yes&amp;randomOnLoad=yes&amp;voteScript=modules/$module_name/voting.php&amp;trackPlays=modules/$module_name/tracking.php' loop='false' menu='false' quality='high' wmode='transparent' scale='noscale' salign='lt' name='wimpy' align='center' bgcolor='#000000' allowScriptAccess='always' pluginspage='http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer'>";
echo "</object>";
echo '</td></tr></table>';
echo '</div>';

I tried this myself but it is not what I want and it doesn't even show the background picture Sad

Code:
echo "<table style=\"background-image:url('modules/'.'$module_name.'/images/random1/rotate.php'); width:450px; height:306px; border:0px; padding:0px; border-spacing:0px;\"> ";

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:45 am Reply with quote

instead of using
Code:

background-image: url

try

Code:

background: url

and see if that makes any difference.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:35 pm Reply with quote

Yes, background: url would make much more sense in the context it is being used - good point nuken Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:14 pm Reply with quote

well, smart guys I did what you suggested but the image doesn't appear as a background. I just came from work and to tell u the truth I changed lots of things but the image doesn't show as a background. Really frustrated!

This line shows the image as a background from the original line but of course I get warning validations errors.

//echo "<table background='modules/$module_name/images/random1/rotate.php' width='450' height='306' border='0' cellpadding='0' cellspacing='0'>";

This is what I did from your suggestion but it doesn't work.

Code:
echo "<table style=\"background: url('modules/'.'$module_name.'/images/random1/rotate.php'); width:450px; height:306px; border:0px; padding:0px; border-spacing:0px;\">";

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:17 pm Reply with quote

That one line of code does not look right. Try this instead:

Code:

echo "<table style=\"background: url('modules/$module_name/images/random1/rotate.php'); width:450px; height:306px; border:0px; padding:0px; border-spacing:0px;\">";

neralex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:03 am Reply with quote

I can not understand where is the problem to read the validation errors. Sorry, but if unicorno had followed the first result of my prepared google search link, he had found the solution. If i'm opening my validator with the fixed background style from montego i get the following result.

Quote:
Result: 0 Errors / 18 Warnings
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&wimpySkin"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&getMyid3info"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&startPlayingOnload"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&shuffleOnLoad"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&randomOnLoad"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&voteScript"
Warning: unescaped & or unknown entity "&trackPlays"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "flashvars"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "loop"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "menu"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "quality"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "wmode"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "scale"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "salign"
Warning: <object> attribute "align" has invalid value "center"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "bgcolor"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "allowscriptaccess"
Warning: <object> proprietary attribute "pluginspage"
Info: Doctype given is "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN"
Info: Document content looks like HTML Proprietary

Code:
echo '<div align="center">' , PHP_EOL

, '   <table style="height:306px; width:450px; background:url(modules/' , $module_name , '/images/random1/rotate.php);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">' , PHP_EOL
   , '      <tr>' , PHP_EOL
   , '         <td align="center" valign="middle">' , PHP_EOL
   , '            <object id="wimpy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:188px; height:300px; background:#000;" data="modules/' , $module_name , '/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf" name="wimpy" align="middle">' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="flashvars" value="wimpyApp=modules/' , $module_name , '/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&amp;wimpySkin=modules/' , $module_name , '/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&amp;getMyid3info=yes&amp;startPlayingOnload=yes&amp;shuffleOnLoad=yes&amp;randomOnLoad=yes&amp;voteScript=modules/' , $module_name , '/voting.php&amp;trackPlays=modules/' , $module_name , '/tracking.php" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="salign" value="lt" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="loop" value="false" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="scale" value="noscale" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="menu" value="false" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="quality" value="high" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '            </object>' , PHP_EOL
   , '         </td>' , PHP_EOL
   , '      </tr>' , PHP_EOL
   , '   </table>' , PHP_EOL
   , '</div>' , PHP_EOL;

This is the reason why i have answered shortly - its basic stuff!
Have a nice sunday.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 4:58 am Reply with quote

Guys, after doing lots of changes now the Wimpy Player module is validated.

I tried montego's code but I got more validation warning errors.

I tried neralex's code and the player dissapear but the music plays. I checked again and I did some small changes.

The code from neralex is validated 100% but the player disappear and the music still plays. Here it is the my last modification after testing so many times. Sad

Code:
<?php

echo '<div align="center">' , PHP_EOL
   , '   <table style="height:306px; width:450px; background:url(modules/' , $module_name , '/images/random1/rotate.php);" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0">' , PHP_EOL
   , '      <tr>' , PHP_EOL
   , '         <td align="center" valign="middle">' , PHP_EOL
   , '            <object id="wimpy" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" style="width:188px; height:300px; background:#000;" data="modules/' , $module_name , '/MP3_Songs/wimpy.swf" name="wimpy" align="middle">' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="flashvars" value="wimpyApp=modules/' , $module_name , '/MP3_Songs/wimpy.php&amp;wimpySkin=modules/' , $module_name , '/skins/skin_blackpod.xml&amp;getMyid3info=yes&amp;startPlayingOnload=yes&amp;shuffleOnLoad=yes&amp;randomOnLoad=yes&amp;voteScript=modules/' , $module_name , '/voting.php&amp;trackPlays=modules/' , $module_name , '/tracking.php" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="loop" value="false" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="menu" value="false" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="quality" value="high" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="scale" value="noscale" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="salign" value="lt" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '               <param name="wmode" value="transparent" />' , PHP_EOL
   , '            </object>' , PHP_EOL
   , '         </td>' , PHP_EOL
   , '      </tr>' , PHP_EOL
   , '   </table>' , PHP_EOL
   , '</div>' , PHP_EOL;

Thank you for all of you who tried to help me on this old module.

Last edited by hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc on Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:09 am; edited 1 time in total 
neralex

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:08 am Reply with quote

it works ... clearing cache maybe?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 5:14 am Reply with quote

Neralex, I guess you read my recent post. If I remove this line the player disappear.

Code:
   , '               <param name="salign" value="lt" />' , PHP_EOL

Wink

montego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:10 am Reply with quote

Just to clarify, my code had nothing to do with fixing validation errors. You were saying the image wasn't showing. That is all that I was addressing. The code you had posted wasn't going to produce the right HTML to reference the image.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> General/Other Stuff

View next topic
View previous topic