Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
gator81
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 9:56 pm Reply with quote

I have been researching changes to the login, there seems to be a setting with nuke sentinal where you can set to admin auth but I would like to go further then that.
Can the login/register be removed, or a popup when clicked on that will show that a login is not needed?

I am running a open site, it is more for reading, listning and sharing of information and news by the church staff members.

I am not running the login block, but there is login info in the nukenav that shows login under the site info block.
I found this in nukenav:
Code:
// Popups that don't require JS or CSS go here

switch($op) {
   case 'login':
      echo nukeNAVlogin();
      die();
   case 'search':
      echo nukeNAVsearch();
      die();
}

and this that is said its copied from the login block
Code:
   // Copied from /blocks/block-Login.php

global $admin, $user, $sitekey, $gfx_chk, $admin_file, $ya_config;
   include_once('modules/Your_Account/includes/functions.php');
   if (!isset($ya_config)) $ya_config = ya_get_configs();
   $content  = '<form action="modules.php?name=Your_Account" method="post">';
   $content .= '<div class="text-center content">'._NICKNAME.'&nbsp;<input type="text" name="username" size="15" maxlength="25" /><br />';
   $content .= _PASSWORD.'&nbsp;<input type="password" name="user_password" size="15" maxlength="20" /><br />';
   $content .= security_code(array(2,4,5,7), 'stacked');
   $content .= '<br />';
   $content .= '<input type="hidden" name="op" value="login" alt="login" />';
   $content .= '<input id="login_submit" type="submit" alt="login" value="'._LOGIN.'" /></div></form>';
   return $content;
}

before I just go messing things up for myself I thought i would ask first.

is there something that could be done to this so a small message apears when someone tries to login or register saying that they dont need to register.
I want to make sure that this will not effect the /admin.php where admins can login.

thank you for any help, I am still looking for additional info but wanted to ask here after looking for awhile :/

andyb2
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:49 pm Reply with quote

gator81 wrote:

I found this in nukenav:
Code:
// Popups that don't require JS or CSS go here

switch($op) {
   case 'login':
      echo nukeNAVlogin();
      die();
   case 'search':
      echo nukeNAVsearch();
      die();
}

I'm no expert, and someone will correct me, but can you not remove the code below from nukenav? If you've removed the login block (and all other blocks are set to "anyone" you shouldn't need pop ups, etc.?)
Code:

case 'login':
      echo nukeNAVlogin();
      die();

gator81

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 7:03 pm Reply with quote

andyb2: thank you for the responce. I am also looking into additional information that seems it could be an issue.
The only users i want with accounts are the church staff that will be helping to keep things updated, the rest wouldnt need an account. that is why i was trying to set it where it would say not needed. But it seems that if you login with the /admin.php then the forums only sees you as a guest and you have to login again on the forums to make any changes. It still reconizes your admin login and password so you arent having an account for the site and one for the forums.
I may have to reconsider trying to put something into the register portion to let anyone know that they dont need to register and set permissions up for admin to validate only so email will not validate you. I think that is set with nukesentinal but i havnt had time to test it yet.
the last quick thought would be to take out the register and just keep the login and create all the accounts for the staff manually.

gator81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 12:41 am Reply with quote

I wanted to add to this that when you login as admin.php you can goto edit user groups and then i believe there is a config and then you will have a box with tabs that will let you set alot of the settings talked about. You can turn off new users, admin auth, mail auth, alot can be changed...
so for anyone that was looking I Wanted to pass that on

andyb2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:58 pm Reply with quote

if using forums, do they not need to register with the site?

if yes, but you want to restrict "membership", I think you can set it so that new memberships need admin authorisation...?

gator81

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 6:03 pm Reply with quote

I am using forums for a read only. I wanted to do this to keep bots and scripts from doing a login and posting bad things on the fourms. I made that mistake a long time ago. So what i am doing is only setting up accounts for a few of the church staff to keep things updated other then that I am not looking to have anyone post.
Now i know i could of just worked with this and the news block, but with the new things done with the forums it gives more options for them when the staff makes updates. It also lets me keep them in a group to do changes to the forums and I dont have to give them limited admin access to the core site making my job easier Smile
Also with alot of people that I have worked with have very little computer skills, by keeping it open with no registration it also makes it easier for them to start viewing right away. In my personal testing with people is that a registration confuses alot of them and they dont return to the site, others prefer the privacy on not having to register, and a few didnt care either way.
so by turning off the register and just working with the staff by creating accounts for them or turning register on for them to setup and then turn it back off, they will still have the option of the login when they need to update something.
Later if things seem to work ok we have the chance to turn reg back on on for the purpose of working with a html newsletter, or for those that would like to get email updates of events we just have to see how this will work this time Smile

sorry for long post Smile

andyb2

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 3:42 am Reply with quote

no problem; using a cms gives us the tools to reach our end purpose; how we use and implement them varies- and the requirements are different for each user/ site admin Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic