Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2012 5:32 am Reply with quote

The stored content of a document is not displayed, if i use a language with no translation.

For expample: I turn off the multilingual features, choose german as language and try to edit a stored document and editor is empty. Only if i use english as language without the multilingual features, then can i see the content of the document in the editor.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:08 am Reply with quote

The module only comes with a set of English documents. How did you get a stored document in German? If I wanted my site to just be in German (i.e., not multi-lingual), I would set my site as German, make sure multi-lingual is off, and then Add a German set of legal docs.

neralex

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 9:40 am Reply with quote

yes i know what do you mean, but this is not the problem.

try it self:

1. switch your site to german and multi-lingual = off
2. create a new document
3. now try to edit the document (not the translation)

url: admin.php?op=rn_lgl_doc_edit&lgl_did=4

result: the editor is empty!

montego

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 6:39 am Reply with quote

I did the exact sequence of events that you just did and I am able to see my text. Could you have missed any additional steps that I should take to replicate? I've tried the steps on both RN 2.5 and 2.4 as well.

neralex

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 7:05 am Reply with quote

now switch your page language back to english...can you see content in the editor? the id can i see and i can click on it. but editor ist empty.

montego

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote

Since the new document was created in German and German only, there is no English translation until you create one. Either you are going to have a multi-lingual site or not. You have to choose one or the other and then make sure you have created Legal content for each document and in each language. Wink

neralex

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 pm Reply with quote

The problem is an another for me. I wanted to use the module for some pages and I have it now deleted. Understand me please - i have created a german document on my german page an i set my language to english and i found a id, i can click on it and the id have a empty content, then is it not very strange?

why don't you hide the ids, with other languages, when mulit-lang is off? Why should I choose for one module, if I use my page multi-lingual or not? All other modules don't have this problem. I have now written a own little module without this complex thinking and its going the wysiwyg-logic. I think this module is for other languages as english unusable. the translations are a good idea but its very complicated to use!

montego

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote

Well, we each have our own opinions, of course, but my intent with the module was that when you create a document, you are essentially adding a new document type/object or whatever you want to call it... then, depending upon your language options, I then give you the option to create a transaction for each document in each language. If you have not created a translation yet for a document for a particular language that you are using, then you should create the appropriate language text for that document/language.

Yes, you are correct, it works quite a bit different than all the other modules because the other modules, such as news, works under the assumption that you are providing a separate content "stream" for each language. When it comes to providing a multilingual site in which you have very important Legal text which needs to be displayed, each document should have a translation for it.

For example, why would you want to provide a Privacy Policy document to your German users and not provide an English equivalent for your English users? If you added French down the road, why wouldn't you want to also provide a French version of your Privacy Policy? Do you see the difference? its not a content stream... it is a Privacy Policy... each document SHOULD have a corresponding translation for each language that you are supporting.

At least that was my requirements and design approach, hence why the Legal module works the way that it does.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic