Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
klaasv

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 3:11 pm Reply with quote

How can I googlebot let crawl my website without being blocked.
Every few days I must unblock this ip and then the normal meta description is showing on the google index,

My website is showing this on the google index: You have been blocked from entering this site. You have attempted to bypass the Filter System on this site. All of the following information has been gathered to

What can I change on the default sentinel settings so that google can crawl my website.

This is the ip that is blocked 66.249.72.215

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 12:29 am Reply with quote

Are you still having issues? If so, we probably need more info regarding what is tripping sentinel... such as the technical details in the email you receive about the block. Other important details such as what version of sentinel and *nuke you are using, how old your ip tables are, etc, would also help.

AndyB
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:24 am Reply with quote

bizarrely; I've not looked into this fully, but I was looking at archives of content stored by way back machine/ internet archive/ google/ others when just "browsing"- a lot of stuff came up, but then when you clicked it, it was blocked by Sentinel. I've not made any more enquiries into this as this post has just reminded me. (My intention was to search the forums for best options to enable thorough indexing by search engines)

I'm after in getting my sites ranking "up there" as well as it getting indexed more often, considering the stuff I'm throwing onot the front page...

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:21 am Reply with quote

If it's an incoming link to your site that triggers the block, it likely contains some characters in the request that trips sentinel. Most often these would be parenthesis ()

Ran into a similar issue awhile back with feedburner which was discussed here [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Without the technical details you receive about the block it's pure guesswork though... I wouldn't worry to much about internet archive as most sites will not fully function there. You may get semi functional versions of some pages, but don't expect to be able to browse your forums, etc.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic