Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x
jestrella

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:35 pm Reply with quote

Hi there, have been playing for a while with the Bootstrap toolkit developed by the Twitter folks and is simply amazing, so had the idea to develop a barebones theme for Ravennuke using this toolkit and the results are not that bad, but to take full advantage of it the entire CMS will need to be bootstrapped.

Go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to get more information on Bootstrap and dig into [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] to get a preview of how is it going. Try resizing browser window to see how it adapts to more than just one screen resolution.

BTW, will the community be interested in something like this?

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:57 am Reply with quote

cool stuff! reminds me a little of working with jquery mobile (JQM). Nice clean layout that would probably work well for mobile too, once finished,.

Did you run into issues needing specific markup for certain elements that you had no control over? That's something I ran into with JQM and jQuery UI. Without a template system it's difficult to fully integrate any UI framework, IMO. At current I'm adding some attributes via javascript, and overriding some blocks and modules in my mobile theme, which you can imagine turns into considerable work.

But ya, if you can finish this theme without rewriting the CMS I'd be excited for it! Smile

jestrella

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:30 am Reply with quote

This same theme, no tweaks at all, plays relatively well in my android smartphone too. Until now, no issues, this is kind of investigative, but sure as time goes by there will arise some.

I'm also excited to get something useful out of this Very Happy

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:18 pm Reply with quote

Another nice one:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I especially like the Forms section and Grid/Columns.

jestrella

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 9:01 am Reply with quote

These toolkits are amazing, I wish our next generation themes could be based on one of them Very Happy

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 30, 2012 11:25 am Reply with quote

I happen to be using kickstart for the docs/install guide for the upcoming advanced bbcode box, and have to agree it's pretty cool. I wouldn't want to use it for every theme, but good for a modern/clean look.

However our theme system is redesigned I hope it allows for using various UI frameworks. I realize I'm beating a dead horse regarding template systems, but something like savant (pure php template system) looks very similar to the view component of most MVC frameworks; and would make alot of sense when it comes to integrating various UI into our core modules (whatever those are).

For instance, although JQuery UI and jQuery Mobile share alot of similarities you will need to use different classes and attributes to effectively integrate either UI (both use themeroller btw). Even the way some scripts are initialized needs to be different, as document.ready does not work in an ajax environment (jQuery Mobile).

nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2012 1:19 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Another nice one:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I especially like the Forms section and Grid/Columns.

I am going to give this one a shot for the next several days. Seems basic enough to get the results i want but the numerous ways to extend it are great. I will post as i reach milestones.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote

Well, I have implemented this theme into a new site I´m buyilding and I'm pretty happy with the results... check it out [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:15 pm Reply with quote

excellent work! very nice looking theme Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RavenNuke(tm) v2.5x

View next topic
View previous topic