Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
digibeet
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:22 am Reply with quote

Hi Raven,

I have a small problem, I have installed Sentinel but forgot to change the YourAccount index.php file cooki handling line.
So, I did that after the install of Sentinel, now anybody who visites the site is blocked.

I have removed the include line @ the mainfile so I could enter the site, but now sentinel is not running,

Are those neccesary changes in the Y.A. index.php different in the Raven Nuke version or not.

I hope I don't missed a aerly post about it.

Greets,

Fred

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:27 am Reply with quote

Forgot something,

THE PEOPLE WHO NEEDED IT HAVE READ IT, Thanks!!

Doorgestuurd Voor: 62.21.**.**
Client IP: none
Remote Adres: 213.218.65.18
Remote Poort: 10775
Aanvraag Methode: GET

This is the intrusion detection when I'am visiting my site (with the include in mainfile.php) Confused

Thanks,

Fred

Last edited by digibeet on Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:22 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:33 am Reply with quote

Fred,

That is not a mistake! That is a known exploit that illegally adds admins to your site. It looks like you may already have been exploited! Look at your admin entries and see if there are people in there that shouldn't be.

Nukeum66
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:02 am Reply with quote

digibeet,

I removed the domain extension from your post, so no one could just click and hack.. Wink I'll let you decide if you want to remove the exploit or leave it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:19 am Reply with quote

OK, so I'am F****d that's no fun.... Evil or Very Mad

Because I rebuild the site no problem, but now this,

I renewed the SQL DB, so I need to make an new Admin etc. after that the firsttime Admin creation comes and then the firs-time login as admin, gess what.... a blanc page with Begone on it??

I cleaned the .htaccess also, problem exists...my brain needs caffeine Rolling Eyes

Thanks,

Fred

Last edited by digibeet on Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:47 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 5:43 am Reply with quote

Make sure there is only one admin. Make sure Sentinel is installed. Then, for ultra safety, follow this [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:23 am Reply with quote

Thanks Nukeum66! Embarassed Wink Bang Head

RavensScripts

Fred

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:25 am Reply with quote

Raven,

I have checked the admins, there was only me..

can a admin be hidden?

Thanks,

Fred

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 6:28 am Reply with quote

If you replaced the database and created the God admin, then you should only have 1 admin. No, you can't hide an admin. As long as you have just the one admin and you have installed Sentinel and my Auth Admin code, you are good to go!

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:44 am Reply with quote

aloha... Very Happy

Question (what else),

I want to use the hackattempt script, the readme tells me to ad a line in the mainfile, the RdMe.. says to begin after <?, in DreamW.. the script won't work, should this be <?php instead? and then the added line?

And the Sentinel include, comes that after or before the H.A. line?

Thanks again..

Fred

Last edited by digibeet on Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:52 am; edited 1 time in total 
Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:51 am Reply with quote

You do not need, nor do you want, to use HA with Sentinel. Sentinel encompasses HA. Now, as to Dreamweaver, that is a bad editor for PHP. You need to be using a programmers editor like Textpad or something similar. Notepad, Wordpad, and Dreamweaver have known problems with PHP files, especially when saving to a *nix machine.

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 9:59 am Reply with quote

OK... Very Happy

I will go use my *nix (SuSE9.1), I often do, but my new MainBoard isn't realy happy with that distro Crying or Very sad (Asus P4P800-E deLuxe) That's why I work on the W32 system for now.

In the near future I will build a standalone *nix box. Very Happy Very Happy

Thanks,

FD Mr. Green

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:06 am Reply with quote

I'm not saying not to use win32. Most use win32 for testing and then ftp tp *nix. I'm just saying that those editors are know for adding extra characters to files that hose up nuke. Then again, many use them w/o any problems. And using <?php instead of <? is not an issue.

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:20 am Reply with quote

Another one,

In the TopLevel auth. file I have to make a password and login.
Do I have to this the first time i login?
(I have made myprivatefile.php, but creating my new PW

That is a littlebit fuzzy for me, probably very simple if you know how.. Mr. Green

Thanks,

FD Mr. Green

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 10:25 am Reply with quote

This has nothing to do with the authfile. In myprivate file you store the userids and passwords. Once you create your new encoded password using md5.php you store that in myprivatefile.php. Then you add the 2 include lines to auth.php.

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:18 am Reply with quote

It works Laughing

But with a small problem, ONLY on the admin loginpage the code is a red square, @ the index the code is visible, how comes that.

Thanks,

Fred

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:22 am Reply with quote

That is because of your EDITOR - remember I told you the 3 wicked pieces of crap editors to avoid Laughing ? Make sure that in auth.php, myprivatefile.php, config.php, and basicauthfile.php that there are no blank lines after the closing php tag ?>

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:48 am Reply with quote

RavensScripts

Ok... now I see the admin code, do I see the second Log-In only the first time or everytime I want to login as admin?

This because I have Logged in that way the first time and after logging off and logging in again the NEW login won't come up and I can login just as usual and I never use the "save password" function on those so that can't be it.

Next: I have Sentinel installed and this is what I get when going to the Sentinel admin page.

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: abget_configs() in /home/.sites/109/site189/web/admin/modules/sentinel.php on line 32

And it's those two parts that are the most important right now.. Very Happy

I keep on going, learning and posting.. Mr. Green

Thanks so much,

FD Mr. Green

Raven

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:53 am Reply with quote

You need to add this line to your mainfile.php (as line #2) as stated in the instructions.
include("includes/sentinel.php");

The HTTP Auth browser routine will only validate once per browser session. So, until you close that browser session window, you are validated. Once you close it down and open up another browser window and access admin.php, you will see it again.

digibeet

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 11:59 am Reply with quote

SUPER!!

include("includes/sentinel.php");

Embarassed I forgot this -include- part to write before ("........................."); Embarassed

Thanks,

FD Mr. Green

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic