Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Announcements
Eduardo
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:00 am Reply with quote

I think that Raven should organize a file repository for the entire script.
Small changes for the bugs and compilation errors and the subsequent release of the code must be immediately.
Only the most innovative versions must be made in full (possibly every one or two years).
I have the urgent need to use version 2.40.01 for an important demonstration. But I fear that it could not support the full validity of the script.
Please, when will be the new release without the errors founded by vanquish and others?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:44 am Reply with quote

I can not give you a time line, but most of the errors that have been reported are warnings and such that a normal user would never see, and really do not affect functionality.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Eduardo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:52 am Reply with quote

..... and about File Repository?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:38 am Reply with quote

The current "file repository" is the RN 2.40.01 distribution which can be found on the downloads page of this site. As Palbin said, there is no release date announced for any fix version of this distribution. And as Palbin implied, there are no critical errors that affect functionality or security that have been reported. The type of errors that Vanquish reported will eventually be addressed but, if the RN team focused solely on fixing these it would never have time to address larger issues such as fundamentally fixing the filtering approach taken by the software.

RN 2.40.01 should work just fine for any demonstration you want to conduct. If not, then let us know what specific issues you are encountering that hold you back.

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote

I think Eduardo is looking for read-only SVN access.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote

An example of what I think is:
http://evaders.swrebellion.com/modules.php?name=CVS&package=phpNuke76
by evaders99.

OSCommerce:
http://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce_cvs/tree/master/catalog/catalog/

http://github.com/osCommerce/oscommerce_cvs/blob/master/catalog/catalog/contact_us.php

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:24 am Reply with quote

There is nothing like that publicly available for RN. As Kguske indicated, there is a SVN that RNTEAM members use to share code. Raven determines access to that. However, to resolve your problem it is easy enough to download a current distribution, unpack it and compare it with what you have on your server. The paths that you are saying are creating problems don't exist in the distribution.

Also, you might want to check the dates in those links you posted. Looks to me like those sites have not been maintained in years.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 4:06 am Reply with quote

fkelly wrote:
Also, you might want to check the dates in those links you posted. Looks to me like those sites have not been maintained in years.

I am sorry to contradict what you say.
Updates are continuous.
Look at the dates of the latest updates: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I think that is strictly necessary the repository for the Raven Nuke script.

This is the best way: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Raven must meditate on this PROFESSIONAL solution.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 5:55 am Reply with quote

SVN provides similar functionality, so the only questions are whether or not to open SVN to the public and under what conditions.

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:05 am Reply with quote

I think Raven can speculate giving access for a fee.
A small amount of money.

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:16 am Reply with quote

I think the bigger concern is giving access to pieces that aren't ready for use in a production system. Doing so in a responsible way puts a lot more effort on the development team, even if those who use it accept the risk (which is significant).

Eduardo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 7:28 am Reply with quote

When in the forum appears "solved" or "fixed" need it is all O. K. !

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2011 8:14 am Reply with quote

Understand. Those fixes are usually posted in the forum, too.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Announcements

View next topic
View previous topic