Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke
kenno
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote

I hope I am posting this in the correct place
I have a new install of ravennuke 2.4 which was a migration from php nuke 7.8 and the search facility in the forums is not working correctly

What it does it will find the posts relevant to the search but it will only let you view the posts listed on the 1st page, and nothing on the other pages , when clicking on these you get this message

Code:
No topics or posts met your search criteria

Anyone got any ideas on what the problem could be

Thanks Kenno

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:09 pm Reply with quote

Are you using shortlinks? If so try it with them off.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
kenno

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:49 pm Reply with quote

No shortlinks is not on. It is strange as it does find the pages relevant to the search but won`t let you view them

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:30 pm Reply with quote

It is possible for you to do a search and then send me the link? Is the site private? If not pm me the link.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quote

kenno, when you click on one of the links, what is returned in the browser? I.e., can you explain a bit more what you mean by "but won't let you view them". thanks.

kenno

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:36 pm Reply with quote

Sorry Montego for being a little vague.
When I was testing this I was searching for a term that was bringing back overs 700 pages of results, which I guess was just a little to much for the forum search feature.

As I have since found out when I changed the search term to something with less results it worked very well, and let you view all pages.

Maybe there is some sort of limit on this

Thanks for your reply

Kenno

slackervaara
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote

I had similar problems with a member with huge amounts of posts. Find all posts in member profile question caused similar problems, but was easy to fix. The phpbb_search_results table of the database and the field "search_array". it has to be set up to "longtext" or "mediumtext".

Take a look at this also: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

kenno

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 5:16 am Reply with quote

slackervaara wrote:
I had similar problems with a member with huge amounts of posts. Find all posts in member profile question caused similar problems, but was easy to fix. The phpbb_search_results table of the database and the field "search_array". it has to be set up to "longtext" or "mediumtext".

Take a look at this also: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Wow after all this time I never actually saw this fix, thank you for posting the link, and this has cured all the search problems in the forums.

Does anyone no of a way of somehow archiving old posts like you see on some other forums after a period of time they go in the archived area ?

Is this even possible with phpbb3

Thanks again anyway

Mark

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> BB2Nuke

View next topic
View previous topic