Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:18 am Reply with quote

Can someone remind me why we have the last line in config.php being

require_once INCLUDE_PATH . 'rnconfig.php';

I'm trying to include config.php at the beginning of a program pp_ipn.php that executes when Paypal returns completed transactions to my site. Since include path is defined in mainfile this doesn't work. But if I try to include mainfile the program doesn't work (don't ask me why). Besides I don't need all the mainfile stuff. All I really need is the db connection stuff in config.php.

Why do we even need include path in there? Rnconfig is in the same directory as config.php so it would always work without that wouldn't it. When I take the include path out of my "production" config.php the site operates fine and my paypal seems to also.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:22 pm Reply with quote

This is the recent issue that spurred the change is #1064

I don't understand why including mainfile.php doesn't work.

Edited by Admin: I removed the link

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:45 pm Reply with quote

Yes, thanks for the reminder Evaders. The only problem is that the change to config.php breaks any scripts that were based on the old Nukescripts Paypal code for pp_ipn.php. It depended on including config.php directly and then that tried to include rnconfig.php but since include path is not defined that dies.

Why mainfile doesn't work I have no idea. I will need to try it in a test environment as time permits. The problem with the pp_ipn.php script is that it gets executed in the background so you don't see any errors. Even the error log is more or less useless for debugging this puppy. Then you add in times when Paypal's sandbox is broken and you are sitting there pounding on the keypad cause things that should be working aren't, it's just nuts.

I'm halfway inclined to just put a copy of the database connection variables right into the ipn script and be done with it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:03 am Reply with quote

For these one-off problems, just define INCLUDE_PATH yourself within the script that is calling config.php directly... ????

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 6:37 am Reply with quote

These forums were not meant to be used just yet - I forgot to LOCK them after I created them. Until v2.3 is actually released, please continue using the private forums or Mantis for all issues Smile

papamike
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2011 1:35 am Reply with quote

Well here we go,

I've searched the forums pretty good and tried to resolve the issue myself but I just can't figure it out. When I click on the Home link it doesn't go to the Home page unless I add index.php to the end of it, instead I get a 404 error "You don't have permission to access /upfront/ on this server"

My site is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] I have another RN site running and it works fine. I'm sure it's a easy fix.

Sorry if I posted under the wrong topic.

Thanks,
Mike (papamike) Bang Head

montego

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 4:32 pm Reply with quote

Tells me your web server is not configured to check for an index.php. It is set not to allow directory browser, but it should also look through its list of default pages such as index.php, index.html, etc.

papamike

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:12 pm Reply with quote

I added it to the .htaccess file. Works fine now. Thanks!

montego

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 6:17 pm Reply with quote

Awesome!

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic