Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:42 am Reply with quote

IP: 207.46.55.27
Registered at: 0423 CDT

Does not show up in Tracked IP Log

IP location: Redmond Washington

Shows up with over 100 entries in the site log but no entries in the Tracked IP log.

What's up with this, any ideas?

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:52 am Reply with quote

More to this ..

A few entries before the IP I posted, this shows in the site log:
Quote:
207.46.13.134 - - [04/Jan/2011:04:15:22 -0600] "GET /modules.php?name=Content&pa=share_page&op=FriendSend&pid=87 HTTP/1.1" 200 4940 "-" "Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm)"

If the IP in question is actually the "bingbot" then why would it show up as a "registered user - Aman Sharma". Something odd is possibly going on here.

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:24 pm Reply with quote

On the Display Tracked IP's screen do you have "All Modules" in the drop down box at the top? If you look at nsnst_tracked_ips in PHPmyadmin can you find the IP in there?

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:36 pm Reply with quote

Yes, as always regarding the "All Modules". When I did a "Search Addresses" it showed the IP blocks, not the specific IP address. The only way I could find that IP was in the site log itself with the over 100 entries. Proxy maybe? Anonymizer? dunno.

BTW: the username was "Arman Sharma" if that rings any bells.

fkelly

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:56 pm Reply with quote

Just checked out Search Addresses from the NS menu and of course it does what you say and is not very useful for that reason. However, if you browse the nsnt_tracked_ips table itself with phpmyadmin the actual IP addresses are stored there. For what it's worth, I searched the table on my bike club site and sure enough, the IP address 207.46.13.134 using Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; bingbot/2.0; +http://www.bing.com/bingbot.htm) is in there a couple of times. Must be busy. Looks like whoever it was was looking at articles on my site.

dad7732

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:40 pm Reply with quote

The original address I posted 207.46.55.27 is not in the table. Weird, really! but it appears to be the same but why a "registered user" is puzzling. Never known a search engine to "register".

Hostname: 207.46.55.27
ISP: Microsoft Corp
Organization: Microsoft Corp
Proxy: None detected
Type: Broadband
Assignment: Static IP

Guess that solves where it originates but what about being "registered" ???

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic