Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Blocks
rustus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:07 pm Reply with quote

I have created a jquery Tab block for RavenNuke, that will also give information on Stories, forums, downloads, content, etc... It also supports 5 custom tabs for your html. It is 100% W3C CSS & HTML 4.01 Transitional & XHTML 1.0 Transitional Compliant.

I have just recently converted to RN, and am impressed with it, and also the people, and I felt like giving something to the community.

Before I submit it, if there is anybody out there that can test it and give some feed back, that would be awesome. I need to know if it works ok, and also if it is integrating with your theme, and also any ideas for improvement.

*NOTE* Your theme MUST support a center block of at least 600px, or this block will not display propely.

can be DL' here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

**UPDATED**
Upated for more css customizations through config tab, and a few other things.

Thanks!!

RusTus

And with a little CSS tweaks

Last edited by rustus on Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:50 pm; edited 6 times in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 pm Reply with quote

Cool! I'll take a look when I get home. Are the tabs custom or do they use jQuery UI or jQuery tools?

rustus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:05 pm Reply with quote

If I'm understanding you correctly, the tabs are custom, I don't know enough about jquery to know if there is a better way, lol. It is all basically css and jquery allows the hidding and animation of divs and so forth.

Look forward to your input, Im just a dabbler in php, and other things, so Im sure there will be some tweaks.

Of course peeps can always edit the css to finnish the theming, but I may put someof that in the database so it can be one through the tab config.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:00 am Reply with quote

Looks cool, I'll try and find some time later today to download and test.

Cheers
Jakec

kguske

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 5:50 pm Reply with quote

Not able to access the site or download the file now.

By custom, jQuery UI or jQuery Tools, I meant that there are plug-ins that doing things like make tabs easier to implement. jQuery UI is a plug-in that includes tabs and has a standard framework for appearance (i.e. you can download themes that are made for jQuery UI and switch appearance easily). jQuery Tools is another user interface toolset that works with jQuery, and it also has tabs. We are moving in the direction of jQuery UI for various reasons, but if you aren't familiar with those, it's probably that you developed the tabs as a custom UI.

rustus

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:04 pm Reply with quote

Yea, been reading a bit on the UI stuff... pretty cool.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Try that for now, cuz the site is down for maint...

EDIT# Site is up.

Last edited by rustus on Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:29 am; edited 1 time in total 
sixonetonoffun
Spouse Contemplates Divorce

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:23 am Reply with quote

One small tip is the current module directory structure is to put the modules admin directory inside the ./modules/module_name directory rather then inside the ./admin directory. While there are still some that are the old way and it will still work at this time for backwards compatibility.

Otherwise I really like it. Simple configuration definitely a +1

rustus

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:05 am Reply with quote

OK, I will make the change to the new way, thanks for that.

I fiddled with it some more today, and put the some of the css into the database. It can be edited via the config tab to make it easier to blend with a website, or the option to overide to the .css file. I also changed a couple of things so the website css takes over in a few places.

And I tried to make it as easy as I can to install for peeps.

I was looking at that collapsing forum thing, and kinda liked it, so I thought of maybe putting in an option to show extended stats with some sort of collapsing window or something.

rustus

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:40 pm Reply with quote

Ok was going to move the admin file but then it hit me, this isnt a module, its just a block, so... do I still make a modules directory for the admin files?

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:44 pm Reply with quote

Normally, a block is administered through an admin function unless it's related to a module. In this case, there is no module, so you shouldn't create a module just to administer it.

nextgen
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:05 pm Reply with quote

I just tried this block and both right and left blocks disappear. Has anyone loaded this with 2.5 yet ?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:21 pm Reply with quote

Was an undefined variable on line 23 of the supertabs.php which is the following.

Code:
$tabresult = $DB->sql_query( 'SELECT * FROM `'.$prefix.'_super_tabs_config`');

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, the $DB should be $db?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Blocks

View next topic
View previous topic