Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
geemoney_07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:46 pm Reply with quote

So i looked throug the forums and found how to fix invalid characters in usernames for Ravennuke 2.3 but not for 2.4. Can anyone help me out? I want to add = and spaces in my usernames for Ravennuke 2.4. Thanks guys!

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:38 pm Reply with quote

It should be the same from 2.3 to 2.4.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
geemoney_07

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:51 pm Reply with quote

I couldn't find the if $username statement in the index.php from the /modules/youraccount folder.
Am I looking in the wrong place then?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 8:10 am Reply with quote

Look in /modules/your_account/includes/functions.php. There are ya_usercheck() and ya_usercheckb() functions. Looks like we are mostly using the ya_usercheck (without the "b" version of the function. You'd need to modify the eregi's in those functions I think.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:04 am Reply with quote

Been thinking. I would be extremely careful with any changes here. You need to regression test to make sure that somewhere else in your system some program doesn't have problems with spaces or = signs in the username. You might want to test the rest of YA particularly carefully, does the search function work properly for instance. Also what happens if someone creates a username made up of all spaces? Or are you going to code to prevent this?

Unless you really need to make this change I'd leave it alone.

geemoney_07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:43 am Reply with quote

Thanks for the information, and I think i will leave spaces out. I don't want usernames with any more than 1 space but if not coded, they would have 5 spaces, also I would have to write another line of code for the error code and my PHP isn't that good.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic