Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Humor
Coldy
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 8:16 am Reply with quote

I've found the oldest Board Thread Entry all over the Internet (look at the date)! Laughing
I wasn't born at that time! Shocked

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:48 am Reply with quote

And that's funny - why? killing me

Good to see you're still around! Haven't heard from you in a while. Btw, I was 19 Wink

Just as an fyi, since you're so young ROTFL, that's a default date that the board used to assign and maybe still does. So, I doubt that it's real. But, then, you probably already knew that and were just trying to see who was alert?

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote

Haha, that got me thinking then as I was pretty sure desktop PC's were fairly rare at that time (I was 7). I had to do some digging and found this on the phpBB website;
Quote:
phpBB was first created by James Atkinson (theFinn) in June 2000 as a UBB-like forum solution for his wife. Once released to the public through SourceForge, it gained popularity very quickly, and by December of the same year v1.0.0 was released.

Interesting though they had a 'default' date that was so far behind the date when the product was actually available. Maybe it has something to with the timestamps were handled back then.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 12:32 pm Reply with quote

The Unix epoch (or Unix time or POSIX time or Unix timestamp) is the number of seconds that have elapsed since January 1, 1970 (midnight UTC/GMT), not counting leap seconds (in ISO 8601: 1970-01-01T00:00:00Z). Literally speaking the epoch is Unix time 0 (midnight 1-1-1970), but 'epoch' is often used as a synonym for 'Unix time'. Many Unix systems store epoch dates as a signed 32-bit integer, which might cause problems on January 19, 2038 (known as the Year 2038 problem or Y2038).

See [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

So, 12/31/1969, is a representation of an invalid date Smile

Coldy

PostPosted: Sun Jul 18, 2010 9:35 pm Reply with quote

Raven wrote:
And that's funny - why? killing me

For me, this is a funny date. I was born 1970, and at that time there has nobody known of the internet-technology. *gg*
I've often seen 01.01.1970 but never 1969! Laughing
The site with the courios date is TheJamCam.com.

Raven wrote:
Good to see you're still around! Haven't heard from you in a while.

I'm working 20 hours a day (too many projects this time).
But i'm often here to see some news about the Raven-Community! Smile

Guardian2003 wrote:
Haha, that got me thinking then as I was pretty sure desktop PC's were fairly rare at that time (I was 7).

ROTFL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Humor

View next topic
View previous topic