Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
helidoc
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:34 am Reply with quote

I have some users on my site, for lack of a better way to put it, type very slow and have to think about every word they are typing.

When they go to post a new topic or reply to a current topic because they take so long to write it out (20 to 30 mins) they end up with a web page expired messege. Is there anything I can do to extend this time ? Thanks for your input.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:46 am Reply with quote

If you are talking about the forums I know of nothing that would cause this behavior. What do you mean by "a web page expired message"? What does it say? Can you post a screenshot?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
helidoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:50 am Reply with quote

Yes its specific to the forums, I'll see what I can do on getting a screen shot.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:33 am Reply with quote

Palbin, is it the CSRF time-out?

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:06 am Reply with quote

That is why I wanted to know what it said, but if it is in the forums like he said that can't be it. We didn't add and of the "check" functions to the forums.

helidoc

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:47 am Reply with quote

Well I can't seem to duplicate it myself leaving the post window open and inactive for 25 to 35 mins. I'll have to check with these users and get some more info from them. As it's happening with several users I'll need to see if they have something in common. I'm getting reports of messeges from web page expired to time expired which makes no sense to me. As I'm on a shared hosting provider I was thinking sessions may have something to do with it just don't know enough about them and their effect on the forums post function.

The site has been running for three years and it wasn't until recently that I started getting these complaints and I havn't added anything to the site other than upgrading RN over the years. Will post more info when I get it (will have to get these users trained on screenshots) unless you folks can think of anything else to check. Thanks for your time.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 12:15 pm Reply with quote

Are your users using Firefox 3.6+??

It has some known cache issues which can cause problems with forums posting [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

helidoc

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 1:10 pm Reply with quote

spasticdonkey wrote:
Are your users using Firefox 3.6+??

It has some known cache issues which can cause problems with forums posting [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks for the link and the read, I'm still waiting to hear back for the two that it's happening to in the interum I've had others try the same thing (waiting to submit a post) and they havn't report any issues.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic