Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
crypto
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:08 am Reply with quote

Earlier there was includes/meta.php file but now the function has been moved somewhere else...?

I found some meta-tags values from "nuke_seo_dh_master" -table, but changing values in there wont help...

Where can I control meta-tags?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 7:54 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Click on "nukeSEO DH User Guide" at the bottom middle of the page under Other Documentation.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
crypto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:07 am Reply with quote

Hmmm, I'm a little bit confused...

I cannot found out that kind of menus or views. Probably I have forgot to install something during the upgrade process? I only can see block-nukeSEOdh.php, but that only shows the result of meta-tags. What should I do?

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 9:52 am Reply with quote

The "Override Meta Tags" will not appear at the bottom of the block while in the admin area. It will only appear on public pages. For example with the block active go to the home page and you should be able to edit the tags there.

draxx
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 10:12 am Reply with quote

I installed Dynamic Titles - I like it better than the other because it lets me define keywords and titles for all the modules individually.

So I couldent figure out how to stop yours. So at the bottom of nukNAVdh.php or something like I just commented out where you echo the tags and included meta.php.

The problem is my metatags come before the document declaration. Don't they need to come after?

crypto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:22 am Reply with quote

What is the easiest way to disable the nukeSEO and use old includes/meta.php -file?

draxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:40 am Reply with quote

Crypto all the defaults are set in the database. If you can't find the database editor just use phpmyadmin and change the tags that way.

From what I can tell NukeSEO is very complicated - compared to the way it used to be handled. Its also much better! I am reading about it now trying to figure it out. Apparently it does do all those things the other one did that I asked about in the post above - and then some.

crypto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote

I'm using Navicat (SQL editor) so thats not the issue. I'm not so impressed how NukeSEO is working... I just want to disable it - static meta.php would be enough for me Smile

draxx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 12:59 pm Reply with quote

Well it seems to me there are 2 or 3 options. I'm hoping the admins will confirm this:

The mod will either
a. Use site default tags. or
b: use module default tags or
c: use the tags you give it or (is b and c really the same)
d: tell it to generate the tags

Will someone please confirm for me thats how the thing is supposed to work?

crypto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote

Hi!

Any idea why NukeSEO generates whole slogan to the Tittle section? If I click Module Override Tag and add to title section "%sitename%" (nothing more), it then shows %sitename% + "long meta description"?

I don't mean second "Description" section, thats now how I like it... Error is that Description is shown in Title section even I don't want it ---> Now Browser also shows this Description in the topbar, which is very ridiculous...

How to disable NukeSEO or get this fixed in any other ways?

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:21 pm Reply with quote

you shouldn't be editing the database directly to change page titles, keywords, etc... you should be able to override via a modal window, clicking the "seo" link in nukeNAV or the "Override META Tags" link in the block... like this:
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

If you want to change the default site tags click the link when @ your home page
If you want to change the module tags click the link when @ your module index
If you want to change category tags within a module, click the link when @ your category
and so on Smile

Basically, the system will generate tags for you, or replace with your site default tags; but also allows you to override them on the site, module, category, subcategory, and content levels. See the DH user guide for detail info and supported modules [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

and crypto, I think we are going to need a link to better understand what you are experiencing

crypto

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote

I have found out that the text in the nuke_config's slogan table might cause this issue?

nukeSEOdh

Code:
TITLE 

subpage tittle [HERE IS nuke_config's table's slogan] then the text which is added to the nukeSEO

Code:
DESCRIPTION

This seems not to be problem

Code:
KEYWORDS

This seems not to be problem

Ps. What should happen when ../modules.php?name=nukeNAV is clicked? If I click the link, it will take to the home page, nothing more.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2010 1:02 pm Reply with quote

crypto wrote:
What should happen when ../modules.php?name=nukeNAV is clicked? If I click the link, it will take to the home page, nothing more.

the nukeNAV module is not intended to be visited directly. It should be active but set to "not visible"

which module are you trying to override tags for? Once again, a link would be handy for helping you with your issue. If you don't want it public, shoot me a PM

crypto

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:23 am Reply with quote

More detailed information has been sent via PM.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic