Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
csc2ya

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:41 pm Reply with quote

I'm running RavenNuke 2.40.01 on a Windows server 2008 enterprise machine, with php 5, mysql 5 and mssql 2008. I'm using mysql for the ravennuke database.

I used to run php-nuke 8.0, but had problems editing the menu I used (Sommaire Paramétrable). To edit it, I had to edit the database tables manually via phpmyadmin, as doing it through the included admin pages would result in the changes not being written to the database).

My host used to run Server 2003 Enterprise, with the same php, mysql, and mssql versions.

On that installation, everything worked fine.

However, after he moved all the sites over to the server 2008 machine (with the php, mysql, and mssql versions I mentioned above), I could no longer edit the menu except by editing the database tables manually.

I eventually wiped the installation of nuke (and emptied the database at the same time), and tried nuke evolution, but killed it when I tried to upgrade nuke sentinel.

I then found ravennuke. This version mostly works fine, except I cannot add downloads. After entering all the information and clicking submit, it says it submitted fine. However, they do not appear in the downloads section, and on checking the database tables, I can see they do not get added to the database.

I know the database username/password and permissions are correct, as the site would not load if they not.

If I could get this last problem fixed, I would quite happily keep using RavenNuke, but as it is, i'm considering wiping it and using a different CMS.

Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this problem?

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 2:49 pm Reply with quote

Do the PHP error logs show anything?

Also in rnconfig.php set "$loglevel = 1;" then review /rnlogs/dblog to see if there are an SQL problems after trying to add a download.

What version of PHP 5 are you running?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
csc2ya

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:07 pm Reply with quote

I don't know about the php error logs, as I don't have the ability to view those. The php version is 5.2.13

I've changed the configuration file to log errors, and I get the following in the log after trying to add a download:

May 4, 2010, 10:02 pm 1366 : Incorrect integer value: '' for column 'hits' at row 1
SQL was: insert into nuke_downloads_downloads values (NULL, '1', '0', 'test', 'http://csc2ya.co.uk/downloads/ace.zip', 'test', now(), '', '', '','',0,0,0, '', '', 'http://')
remote addr: 86.* (I've blanked out the rest of my ip for security)

Edit: It seems RN doesn't like certain fields being left blank for some reason. I've had a look at the fields in the database for downloads, and then tried adding a download normally, but filling out all the fields (The only ones I used to fill out were name, description, url, and size). After doing that, the download is added with no problems.

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 3:53 pm Reply with quote

I think the problem may be with the way MySQL is configured, but the changes below will take care of it.

At the top of /modules/Downloads/admin/index.php find the following three lines around lines 27-29:
Code:

if (!isset($submitter)) { $submitter=''; }
if (!isset($sid)) { $sid=''; }
if (!isset($ok)) { $ok=0; }

Bellow them place the following:
Code:

!empty($_POST['hits']) ? $hits = intval($_POST['hits']) : $hits = 0;

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic