Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues
busbyeie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi Guys sorry to bother you but I am totally new to php & RN and I am not sure if I am being blind or if I have a problem that I can't seem to work out.

I can't see a Icon in the administration side of RN for the FCKeditor & I thought there was one in the earlier version of RN.

I downloaded the 2.4.00 version of RavenNuke(tm) and created the DB on my site then edited the config.php & rnconfig.php files as I needed to and went through the setup for RN and it seems to work fine apart from the 3 characters wont go away at the top left of the screen even after using the new nukenav file but i can live with that but its the fckeditor that I need to have and it isn't showing up.

$advanced_editor = 1; // 0=Editor is turned OFF, 1=Editor is turned ON

that's how my rnconfig.php file is set.

Any help would be most appreciated or a beating with the knowledge stick.
Thanks Busby

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:03 pm Reply with quote

The editor is located in various text areas throughout RN. Such as for posting news articles, the footer messages under admin preferences or posting content etc...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Doh do i feel dumb now.. Thanks for clearing that up for me nuken.

could you suggest somewhere that would be a good place for me to start learning how to use RN so I don't end up bugging you guys with what I am sure you would think are dumb and boring questions

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:18 pm Reply with quote

The RavenNuke(tm) Wiki may help. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] as does the search function in the forums when I have questions. Trial and error has always been may favorite method. I use a local server such as XAMPP and install a test site that I can test stuff on and not worry about messing up my site.

busbyeie

PostPosted: Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:22 pm Reply with quote

Thanks again Nuken for the help

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> FCKeditor/WYSIWYG Issues

View next topic
View previous topic