Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:39 am Reply with quote

I didn't get permission to distribute as GPL. He did not reply to my request.

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote

I don't know what the going price was; however, while there is nothing wrong with discounting or rebates, play safe and net out to at least $1. Other resellers might get mad because of the low price, but you are still selling and not giving it away.

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:39 pm Reply with quote

Why not US$0.01 ? The fact is, whether or not the other 15-20 ever intended to resell (I did not), if so they would not be happy at any price less than what they hoped to sell. That is the nature of competition. But since I paid very little for these themes (less than $1 per theme), and given the opportunity for an unlimited number of others to do the same, I don't believe it is reasonable as a buyer to expect price protection on these themes.

Also, to confirm, my request was to allow them to become GPL after he discontinued selling them and shut down the site. Maybe that's why there was no response. I can imagine those who paid more for the themes wouldn't like his allowing them to become GPL / available for free. Then again, making all those themes available for such a low price is essentially the same price erosion...so previous buyers of those themes will be unhappy either way.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote

You're right, but there are many that bought resell rights for themes that are listed at $25-$60. Just apply this situation to those (which in many cases are lot more).

You guys resolved this situation in a admiral manner. I don't know what he charged the others, but you could suggest that he could make an offer to the others to buy back the resell rights (at a very low price since they may have made back their initial investment). If they accept his offer, then they can be reverted to free under the GPL license.

xGSTQ
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:17 am Reply with quote

Yeah that's sounds good, but the 15 others probably realize there are to a good deal, buying 50+ themes for $50 they can sell 1 theme for half that easily. so they would be daft to revert, and right now i cant afford 15x50 after buying them all in the first place for double that Shocked

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic