Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire
tehw1n
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 4:12 pm Reply with quote

I need the web links module simplified. The primary goal is to require less clicks to see the links. The rest i believe are minor subtractive cosmetic changes.

1) I need all links to be displayed (and indented) underneath their respective Categories on the main links page (...name=Web_Links).

This way users can see all links right away without having to drill down into each category, one at a time (remove category hyperlinks).

2) When displaying links on the main links page, please remove the following pieces of information:

- Added on:
- Hits:
- Rate this Site
- Details

Each link should only have the following information:

- Link
- Description
- Report Broken Link

3) Since a few fields have been removed, they need to be removed from the related main menu. Specifically, I need the following menu options removed:

- New
- Top Rated
- Random

4) For the remaining display available from the main menu (Popular), only display the following fields on the Popular page (and re-ordered as such):

- Link
- Category
- Description
- Hits
- Report Broken Link

Note: please also remove the "1% - 5% - 10%" from the "Show Top:" option at the top of this block.

5) Ensure that Item 3) above is applied to the Popular page, with the exception that "Links Main" is displayed as well.

6) Lastly, as a few fields & pages have been removed (rating, random, new, categories, etc) - please clean up/remove the related bits of code that are no longer needed for efficiency. This step is not required so long as there isn't an observable adverse effect on unused code slowing down any pages.

I believe that these changes should be fairly easy and quick for those who are well versed in RN/Nuke. I'll paypal $150 to anyone who can execute these changes quickly.

Let me know!

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:44 pm Reply with quote

I could do what is requested i think. What do you want to do with sub-categories on the main page? Are you just not going to use them, or would we need to do something with those? Just indent them more?

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:02 pm Reply with quote

tehw1n wrote:

2) When displaying links on the main links page, please remove the following pieces of information:

- Added on:
- Hits:
- Rate this Site
- Details

Each link should only have the following information:

- Link
- Description
- Report Broken Link

This ones confuses me a little. I think the page you are referring to is the category page. You want those links removed.

The following two links both go to the category page. The first has multiple site in the category and the second only has one.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

When clicking on the links at /modules.php?name=Web_Links do you want them to go to the category page as show in the links above or just a page that looks similar to the first link, but just shows the link in question?

tehw1n

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote

Thanks Palbin, I'll PM you the details on my site.
To clarify, user should not have any access to a category page. All link browsing will be done in the main link page, /modules.php?name=Web_Links. When a user clicks on a link it will just take them to the link, and nothing further on my site.

Besides the main link page, users will also have access to the Popular page, and the search result page. How the links are displayed on these pages should be very similar to the main link page, with the exceptions i listed above (#4).

For subcategories, please indent these further from the main category as you suggested.

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 6:49 pm Reply with quote

I sent you a PM, but take a look at your site and let me know what you think.

tehw1n

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote

very cool. completed as requested.
thanks Palbin!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> For Hire

View next topic
View previous topic