Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues
spiders
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 7:53 am Reply with quote

Hi,
Where can I find the width declaration from the nukeNav block?

greetz
Spiders

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] >> the global Web Content Management Services [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] >> My Raven24 Testside 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:21 am Reply with quote

The default (i.e. not theme-specific) is in includes/jquery/css/nukeNAV.css. The theme-specific is in themes/(your theme)/style/nukeNAV.css.

Width for the modules block is defined in the default css:
Code:
.nukeNAVmod ul{position:absolute;top:-999em;width:14em;}

.nukeNAVmod li:hover ul,.nukeNAVmod li.sfHover ul{z-index:99;left:14em;top:0;}
.nukeNAVmod a.sf-with-ul{padding-right:2.25em;min-width:1px;}
.nukeNAVmod .sf-sub-indicator{position:absolute;display:block;right:.75em;top:.45em;width:10px;height:10px;text-indent:-999em;overflow:hidden;background:url(images/arrows-000000.png) no-repeat -10px -100px;background-position:-10px 0;}
.nukeNAVmod,.nukeNAVmod li{width:14em;}
ul.nukeNAVmod li li:hover ul,ul.nukeNAVmod li li.sfHover ul,ul.nukeNAVmod li li li:hover ul,ul.nukeNAVmod li li li.sfHover ul{left:14em;top:0;}

Note that you should change not only the width, but also the position of the sf-sub-indicator graphic (right arrow).

Look at the CT_RN theme-specific to see an example of making it wider and DeepBlue to see an example of making it narrower.

spiders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote

many THX Smile

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 8:00 am Reply with quote

That looks like the Business theme - ClanThemes.com just released that with nukeNAV.css included...

spiders

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:22 am Reply with quote

HI,
noit a Business Theme from CCentral.net Wink

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 12:48 pm Reply with quote

It's the same. CCenter.net themes now belong to ClanThemes.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote

The designer is a friend of mine. I got all these themes from him specially for RavenNuke. Is anybody is interesting let me know

kguske

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:22 pm Reply with quote

No offense, but after speaking with both of them previously, I believe the owners of both ccentral.net and clanthemes would prefer that you download the themes from the source (which is now, clanthemes)

xGSTQ
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:27 am Reply with quote

Spiders, I have purchased the resale rights and copyrights to all of ccentral themes for a very large sum of money, can you please check your PM's and get back to me ASAP

Thank you

spiders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:44 am Reply with quote

Hi i have purchased the resale rights and copyrights to of all ccentral themes too.

In my order was not the right while the themes to distribute for free.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:34 am Reply with quote

spiders wrote:
Hi i have purchased the resale rights and copyrights to of all ccentral themes too.

In my order was not the right while the themes to distribute for free.

You purchased the themes for sole use, not re-sale rights Shocked

kguske

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:35 am Reply with quote

Just to clarify, I purchased the right to use the themes, but not to resell them and certainly not the copyrights.

The original owner confirmed that he sold the copyrights to xGSTQ.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote

Im not really bothered that he is re-selling them to be honest, you know as well as me that my sole intention of buying all of CCentrals themes was to release them to the community for free. (after upgrading them all to work on RN)

I just don't want him to convert/upgrade 60+ themes and try selling them when im giving them away for free... seems a little backwards. Wink

It would be a little different if I was trying to make some kaching!$ from them but im past that.

Ped

spiders

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:43 am Reply with quote

I can understand here. I have read the story with phpnuke-downloads.com.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:23 am Reply with quote

[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Caution: This theme is free on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] without the modified forums templates and files !!

What's the point of doing that exactly ?

The versions that I release do have everything included and the forums template too, I think you cut and pasted the Features: list from clanthemes anyway lol

Im talking to CCentral (drakken) now to clear this up once and for all

He cant sell me 100% re-sale rights and re-distribution rights and then to someone else as well, that's absurd.

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote

Actually he can. It is very usual for software to be sold with license for re-sale to anyone and as many that will pay for those rights. The other licensing would be you have the right to use, but not re-sale or redistribute. It works the same way as franchising.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:14 pm Reply with quote

Yes that's right

I purchased the re-sale rights and all copyrights to all of CCentrals themes in a buy out deal 6 weeks ago

Spiders purchased a theme pack CCentral was selling prior to this deal under these [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I'm still waiting for CCentral to get back to me to clarify this.

The only people he would doing out of pocket is the PHPNuke community for buying a free theme Wink

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:28 am Reply with quote

All been cleared up now...

CCentral did sell some of the themes to 15 - 20 people with included re-sale licences, and I was never aware of this.

Deal has been reversed and CCentral has promised to refund the deal clan themes made.

All themes are now copyright to there original owner CCentral.

I will not be releasing any more "Free" CCentral themes under the "Free Themes Friday" scheme...

This is because it would not be fair on the 15 - 20 people who had purchased them to re-sell them under CCentrals original agreement and because I no longer own them no more !!

Happy Christmas

Ped

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:21 am Reply with quote

Bummer. Those are some nice themes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:40 am Reply with quote

nuken wrote:
Bummer. Those are some nice themes.

I know,

They cost a lot of money to buy trust me, and I just couldn't understand why I had payed 32 times what the others had payed for theoretically the same deal.

CCentral sold them under the agreement that they MUST re-sell them and not give away for free, since I wanted to give them away for free I guess I had to pay the price for that.

It doesn't seem fair to those 15 - 20 people if I start giving away free themes that they payed to re-sell.. hence why I have asked CCentral to resolve this problem.

John (drakken) could not reverse the deal he struck with those 15 - 20 clients and I know he regrets that deal now.

My intention from the of set was to give them all to the Raven Nuke project, so it has backfired slightly, I guess ill have to start making my own creations every week now....

I have hundreds of royalty if not thousands of royalty PSD templates with full re-sale rights, its just coding them to RN that is going to take time, and the fact they need to me 100% compliant too ! it takes time to code them accordingly.

I guess I could try to see if i can keep up the "Free Themes Friday" but time is precious for everyone these days.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote

I totally understand and what you are doing shows a lot of class. ClanThemes is such a great site with top notch themes and support. Thank you for all y'all have done and continue to do.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote

Cheers Nuken, there is a lot of good people in this community, and unfortunately there is the odd 1-2 rotten apples and we all know who they are hehe

It was a way of me saying thanks to people, and 74 themes would have been ideal oh well, win some you loose some.. just means more work on my part

kguske

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:14 am Reply with quote

So, I'm one of the 15-20 people who paid for the themes and did not receive permission (though I did request it) to make them GPL. So, if I sell Clanthemes-enhanced versions for US$5 each, with a US$5 instant discount, would that be OK? Wink

bobbyg

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 8:58 am Reply with quote

That would be very questionable since when you sell something without GPL you are also restricting the buyer from distributing it for free. If you net it out then it could be interpreted to be free and okay to distribute them for free.

xGSTQ

PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 9:33 am Reply with quote

haha funny

$5 discount, so if you didn't get permission and some others did, how is he going to enforce it... I mean how does he know who purchased the re-sale packs and who didn't if all the theme packs were the same, seems very bizarre mmm

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.4 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic