Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
tehw1n
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 3:36 pm Reply with quote

Note: I posted this request in the Sourceforge GCal forums already, but have yet to get a response back.

I need a Calendar that is very User Friendly in its ability to make reservations (an event) that ALWAYS span multiple days. I will not ever need repeating events for weeks or months. The existing GCalendar certainly works for this, but is not exactly intuitive (for my purposes) and indeed covers way more scenarios then my users would ever need.

I have tried stripping down the code from class.eventForm.php - but I don't understand it enough to make it work. The closest I have come is to remove everything I don't need - leaving basically the start and end dates... But as you can guess, this doesn't fill in any events on the calendar besides the starting date - the repeating function breaks essentially. I presume I am missing some validations/etc for the "span" to function.

Is there any chance someone (the author?) can help me troubleshoot a simplified GCalendar like this? My "Events" will always be at least 2 days, are not time specific, and need to be very User Friendly in the ability to make a simple "Reservation" request by entering your start and end dates (plus a title/category)... and thats it.

This is for a Big Bear Cabin reservation website. Whoever helps me with this will surely get a LARGE discount should you desire to make a reservation yourself... Smile

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 6:41 pm Reply with quote

tehw1n, the original author does support it anymore. The RN supports the version included with RN.

To be honest I don't know a lot about the gClandear because I have not used it on a "real" site. I do know it is rather hard to follow because of the class based architecture. I will take a look at it and try to get back to you. I can not promise anything.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
tehw1n

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 7:15 pm Reply with quote

Thanks Palbin, I appreciate any effort. I can PM you my site and provide admin access if/when you require it.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:44 am Reply with quote

tehw1n, since this is custom development, you might want to offer to pay someone to do it? We have a "For Hire" forum on this site that some community developers keep an eye on. The RN Team is just way too busy to do custom development "on the fly" I am afraid.

tehw1n

PostPosted: Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Sounds good to me. I actually looked for something like that already, but couldn't find the For Hire forum specifically.. I'll make another post there. Thanks.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic