Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:15 am Reply with quote

I have started on the NukeC 3.7.4 release at Trickedoutnews.com. This release has several objectives to accomplish.
1) Code clean up and security patching.
2) Moving admin into module.
3) Create new blocks.
4) Fix remaining bugs.
5) General cosmetic issues.

I have two questions for the RavenNuke(tm) community that would help in the development of this module.

1) Does anyone know what the purpose of the Custom Content for NukeC was? I have not found it working in previous releases. Where is the Custom Content supposed to be displayed?

2) NukeC has the background colors configured in the admin section for the admin appearance. Is this a feature that should be kept or would it be better having the themes control the NukeC admin background colors?

Thanks, Nuken

Last edited by nuken on Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:13 am; edited 1 time in total 
kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote

Awesome...

1. No idea of the purpose of Custom Content.
2. All presentation should be moving to CSS (as painful as that can be). That enables the site to have the most flexibility, rather than pigeonholing them into a couple of background colors with a predefined appearance...

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:11 am Reply with quote

I should have said the background colors controlled in the admin section control the admin section appearance, not the module. My bad.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:24 am Reply with quote

If it is in the admin area I would just use the theme.

As for security updates please look into implementing this. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It may sound/look a little intimidating, but it is really easy to implement.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
nuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:19 am Reply with quote

Thank you Palbin. I agree, I have already removed the bg controls and used theme bg. The CSRF Protection is a great idea.

Dawg
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote

I am very pleased to ehar somone has picked this script up. Overall the idea behind it is very very good.

I am a Heavy User. If there is anything you would to know from an admin or end user standpoint please just ask.

Did you kill the "sale amount" bug and the "Edit the ad" bug? Those 2 are a PAIN!1

I will be sure to donate to the project.

Dawg

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Did you kill the "sale amount" bug and the "Edit the ad" bug? Those 2 are a PAIN!1

Describe those 2 bugs and I will tell you if they are fixed... There were a lot of bugs with entire module that have been fixed.

Also, do you know what the custom content is supposed to do? I have it writing to the database now, but I can not find any file that is pulling that information into the module. It's almost like it was something that they had planned to use but was not finished. Thanks

Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Nuken,

The "Sale Amount" bug is when the end user puts in an amount....say 5000. it would always come out 30.00 You always had to put 5000.00 in order for $5000.00 to come out. more or less it could not keep up with the postion of the decimal.

The Edit Bug....and it has never worked in any of the versions I have used over the years....The end user could not edit there own Classified Ads. I could edit them as admin....but the user could not edit them.

One of the other things that IMHO....This modules really needs is a "Sold" button. As an end user you hit edit->Check the Sold Button and the Module puts SOLD (Like a watermark) over the Photo and/or marks the ad as sold.

Dawg

bobbyg
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote

Nuken, I loaded that module from Tricked Out and found the Category list not showing when creating an ad. It is suppose to show all the categories available and permit you to select the appropriate one to post under. I also have a separate site set up running RavenNuke 2.4 and Tricked out news 2.4 and tag cloud. I told Bobby that I can test it as changes are made.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:40 am Reply with quote

Hi bobby, I am Bobby from Tricked Out News. I have the categories issue fixed for 2.7.4. I should have something for you to test in the next few days. I'll send you a pm when I have it at a testing point. Thank you.

nuken

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote

OK Dawg, I have been working on the price bugs today and I believe I have it fixed. Before if you wanted 12,000.00, you could not enter a price like this ex. 12,000.00, 12,000, or 12000. Now if they enter 12,000, 12,000.00, 12000 or 12000.00, they all will come out as 12,000.00. The user edit posts will have to be on another release. There is nothing in NukeC designed for user edits. Other issues resolved are the category list bug, custom content and theme colors integrated. Still a few more things to do, but progress has been made.

Dawg

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 5:17 pm Reply with quote

Super Sweet!! Good Job!

I have always thought a Classified Ads section was a goodt thing for just about any Site.

Dave

nuken

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 7:03 am Reply with quote

I have added an rss feed for nukec and have started on a way users can manage their posts. So far they can only edit title, description and email. Hopefully it will be included in this release. This module really needs a complete rewrite. That maybe what I will focus on after 3.7.4. New blocks and custom content are also in the works.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Sun Sep 27, 2009 4:36 pm Reply with quote

NukeC3.7.4 is up and running now on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Anyone that wants to see it working, want to post valid ads, or even. test ads (as long as the identify it as a test ad). I will not offer download as nuken has not released it yet. I had offered to do testing for him and this is just an extention of that testing. If you upgraded to RavenNuke 2.40 make sure you read the article I posted on my site. It may save you some future headaches.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:16 am Reply with quote

The city state and country data does not stay in the ad. They come up empty. Image upload is not working in post ad. This all showed up when I placed an ad and forgot to set upload allowed and then tried to edit ads.

I would encourage everyone that wants NukeC to work go to [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and select nukec30 in module and enter either valid ads or test ads. Valid ads would be better, but test ads are okay but should be identified as a test ad. (maybe just limit them for 1 or 3 days.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:35 am Reply with quote

Just tested adding another ad and the picture uploaded okaywhen you post it in the initial posting. The city, state and country show in the ad detail after initial post, but disappears when you select "edit ad".

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:03 am Reply with quote

Those issues are addressed in the final release. I am in the final stages of testing. The 3.7.4 release will be in a few days.

Dawg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:37 am Reply with quote

It seems to work as expected....GREAT JOB!! Congrads....

Dawg

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:31 am Reply with quote

It has a long way to go still. I hope to have it rewritten by next release. So far, 3.7.4 now has support for png, jpg and gif image upload. User ability to edit their own listings, web based installer, 3 new XHTML 1.0 blocks, RSS backend, price listing bugs fixed, background colors control by theme, admin in module, 3 editable custom contents. Several other modifications. The user edit of listings does not allow for image edit due to a possible issue with a malicious member being able to re editing the post and filling your server full of images. I will address that on the next release, for now I have disabled reuploading of images for users.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:59 am Reply with quote

The initial loading of image should be enough. If ad is posted without image and user wants to place an image in their ad they can always delete that one and re-enter as a new ad.

I had problems with jpeg and png images on the upload. Dawg was able to upload a jpeg. Would like someone to try a png. The png loaded as x-png but still gave me an error.

bobbyg

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:03 pm Reply with quote

RSS feed works okay - are you going to add image to feed? Not showing now.

nuken

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:24 pm Reply with quote

The image issue is fixed now. The test release I sent you did not have it fixed.

blaci

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:19 am Reply with quote

Hi!
Could you provide a link where the NukeC version or any other version that works under RavenNuke version 2.51 can be downloaded? Thanks.

neralex
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2020 12:03 pm Reply with quote

blaci, wow you have woke up an 11 year old thread. Wink There is nothing like this, sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic