Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
southern
Client

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:16 pm Reply with quote

I'm running RN 2.30.02 on two domains. One is fine but on the new domain I am getting a blank page when I try to edit messages. The blank page just has the [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] at the top. This happens too if I try to delete a message. It happens if I try to add a Weblink as well. Thanks for any ideas.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 2:41 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried turning error reporting on in the config.php file?

southern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 3:09 pm Reply with quote

Not yet, I did look in the error log and saw a half dozen instances of
Quote:

[Thu Sep 10 13:43:02 2009] [error] [client xx.xxx.xx.xx] Premature end of script headers: /home/xxxxxxxx/public_html/admin.php

That's me as it is a zero traffic site. I uploaded a fresh admin.php but still a blank page. I'll turn on error reporting and look again.

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 4:46 pm Reply with quote

What theme are you using? If it's not a default RavenNuke theme, try switching themes and see if it works.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:33 pm Reply with quote

I'm using the fisubice theme which is default for RavenNuke, I switched from DeepBlue that is included with RN 2.30.02 but whichever theme I use I get a blank page when I click Edit message or try to add a weblink.

I turned on error reporting but nothing came up.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:41 pm Reply with quote

Usually that problem is due to a file with wrong permissions or a php file that was uploaded in binary instead of ascii.... I would check the file permissions and make sure they are 644 and reupload the file making sure it is in ascii in your ftp client. This may have nothing to do with it, these are just a few common causes for that error.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 5:56 pm Reply with quote

That is an idea as I do have binary set in my ftp client. I will also check permissions.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote

I checked permissions and set the /modules files and directories to 644 from 755 then re-u/led files. Still blank.

nuken

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 6:51 pm Reply with quote

Most directories should be 755.... and the files 644...

southern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:08 pm Reply with quote

Ah OK... just being thorough lol I'll set only files 644.

southern

PostPosted: Thu Sep 10, 2009 8:28 pm Reply with quote

OK Directories 755 and files 644. Still a blank. Next?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote

Have you looked in the dblog (database error log, that you turn on in rnconfig)? Set it to loglevel=1 and try to edit your messages and see what turns up in that file. Any kind of table discrepancy can have the results that you are seeing.

southern

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:33 pm Reply with quote

I'll try that though I think log level 1 only records sql errors? It may be corrupt files from u/ling in binary so I may have to re-u/l all RN files with ascii. Its a good thing there is zero traffic as I have to do this a little at a time as time allows.

fkelly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:59 pm Reply with quote

Yes, log level 1 just records errors. So, any table discrepancies will cause errors and you will see them. The output from loglevel 2 can be voluminous and you would be looking for a needle in a haystack so I don't encourage that except for developers who are looking to improve the efficiency of SQL.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:45 pm Reply with quote

I really don't know what this error means, but it sounds like a corrupt file to me.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote

Looks to me like you may have modified a file somewhere, possibly one of the config.php files or mainfile.php or maybe a block file and didn't use a good text editor? Just "fishing" here...

southern

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:42 pm Reply with quote

No file mods as the site is too new. I think it may well be corrupt files so I'll re-u/l everything the next few days. Other things to do as well and it doesn't affect functionality so it's not a rush thing. I'll let you all know if re-u/ling fixes it.

hicuxunicorniobestbuildpc
The Mouse Is Extension Of Arm

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote

ok I guess I know what u did. Did u upload or edit files to www instead of public_html. If you do that then you screw that file and then it becomes corrupted. Let me know what u did and if u have these kind of folders.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:48 am Reply with quote

Absolutely not. I've always used the root for web accessible files. I u/led in binary by mistake and I'm going to re-u/l in ascii as soon as I get around to it. It's not my main domain but is just a "good deed" for a community so I haven't modded files.

Palbin

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote

If you can. Try updating to 2.4 and see if that helps this situation.

southern

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:36 pm Reply with quote

It's a release candidate at this point.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic