Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
dcombs44

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 1:45 pm Reply with quote

I've just moved my PHPNuke 7.9 site to Raven Nuke.

Now, when a new user signs up on the site, the server is not sending an email verification to activate the account.

I have admin approval turned off, but the email is not sending. If I attempt to hit "approve" and send the email, it still does not send. My only option is to activate the account through the admin panel and bypass email verification.

Has anyone else experienced this?

fkelly
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:45 pm Reply with quote

Do you know that your server can send email? Try sending a HTML newsletter to yourself and see if you get it.

floren

PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:57 pm Reply with quote

fkelly, I installed RN 2.30.02 on his site. Then imported data from a 7.9 database.

We tried the email script and received the message:

Quote:
If you are reading this, it appears that your mail setup is functioning
correctly!

There is no problem with the server sending or receiving mail. We've sent several messages with no problems.

No users receive activation emails or approval emails, but denial emails are received.

Turning on error reporting shows nothing. I replaced the entire Your_Account module but nothing changed.

copeland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:10 am Reply with quote

Your webhost probably has changed their security settings requiring SMPT authentication. We are having the same problem and trying to work it out,

Our activation emails have been working just fine up until about 2 weeks ago when the host changed their security. Now we are trying to find the config for the SMPT settings and see if this is the issue.

fkelly

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:40 am Reply with quote

Simple Mail Transfer Protocol = SMTP.

copeland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote

Yea thank, its 10 AM and I have not been to sleep yet Wink

copeland

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 10:01 am Reply with quote

The reason it wasn't going through is because the subject was being filtered by the webhost's server. The default subject was "User Account Activation" which is the default for phpnuke, what most likely happened was a bot spammed a php nuke forum so it had the same subject and was creating bounce backs to the point where our webhost's servers blocked that subject.

So you will want to customize the subjects of your emails, the location of the files is /*****/modules/Your_Account/language/lang-english.php I don't know if phpnuke has another way of changing those but that is where I found them.

I changed the subject for the activation to "Your User Account Activation" and all went well. Hope this helps.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:51 am Reply with quote

Wow! Very interesting indeed and good to keep in the backs of our minds! Thank you for explaining this.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic