Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules
mikeill

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2009 11:29 pm Reply with quote

Hi I hope this is the right place to post this topic.

I'm looking to create an MP3 jukebox with a Flash front which will play MP3s listed by song name, artist, most played, etc.

It looks like topMusic (module) by sergids could be a good back end. It was designed for php-nuke and i have got it sort of - barely running within RavenNuke.

Does anyone know what happened to Sergids?

Other options?

It looks like Zina (http://www.pancake.org/zina) might work. I noticed a post about it. It doesn't mention php-nuke or ravennuke and I'm not sure if I should be trying the Xoops or joomla version or the standalone?

If I sound a little confused, I am.

Thanks a bunch for any input. Have a good one.

Mike

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 8:48 am Reply with quote

I use wimpy rave, but it has a per domain license of $40 [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

It has a nuke howto and a free trial version, and works just fine in RN Smile

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 12:13 pm Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone know what happened to Sergids?

I think his website was hacked and ever since he's kind of mired in inactivity.

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
mikeill

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2009 1:55 pm Reply with quote

thank you both. will check wimpy rave and hopefully sergids will return to us eventually.

pureliving
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 1:12 pm Reply with quote

I have tried downloading two different versions of topMusic and i just can not get either to work.
I have altered all files that require the change for example:

if (!defined('ADMIN_FILE')) { die ('Access Denied'); }

and adding $db-> where required within the files its required, but still there is no model showing under modules administration, no icon/image displaying in admin as there should be, and when i installed the database tables using the .php install function, an error was shown to top of the page stating something alongs the lines of:

Headers already sent out by /modules/topMusic/?????, require /Your_Account/includes/mainfileend.php

I can vaguely remember the above, but of the alike it was displayed.
If i also type in my browser *****.com/modules.php?name=topMusic a box displays but not correctly, but yet no admin functions displaying, or any module showing under admin modules.

Any ideas why i actually can not get topMusic to work?

draxx
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2009 10:38 pm Reply with quote

Did you ever figure this out pureliving?

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:19 pm Reply with quote

pureliving, regarding that headers already sent message, had you already tried this FAQ?
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Unfortunately, never used the module, so not sure how to help you.

draxx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote

This is weird. I had this problem. And then I made my host update the ... Debian ISPCenter Control Panel .... and so they did this - moved the content from one hard drive to the other ... and then this kinda worked. Confused Still can't delete anything.... but at least now I can get in. Just thought it was strange.

pureliving

PostPosted: Wed Jul 29, 2009 6:14 pm Reply with quote

Draxx, i know its been a few weeks since i last responded, but in all honesty i give up at the moment with that project, as with raven being ever more secure, than the original php-nuke, so many modules bring heavy insecurities.

I believe TopMusic needs more than a simple db conversion, as for raven users this present module poses many threats to your database tables being altered, or as an example of one of my associates, enables hackers to somehow gain control and lead to some of his database tables crashing, particularly those of nuke sentinal.

Basically, many modules work, but very few actually do accurately with the present day conversions and secure sql querys, leaving many to leave open backdoors to intruders.

Over the past few weeks of research i still do not believe raven nuke to be totally secure, but it is one of the most secure in regards to the security assessments of website language, and the fact its open source shows we should not complain and with a community as raven is, this says it all really.

From your perspective though, with the newest internet war gangs posing increased threats, with java scripts embedded in forms, database injections, amongst other means, is there any other secure advancements that could be done, to enhance security.

Is there a possibility to combine Nuke Sentinal and Fusion for security?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Converting/Creating Modules

View next topic
View previous topic