Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
rickleigh
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Afer the upgrade I noticed that there is an (H) next to users online. What does this mean?

dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:11 pm Reply with quote

H = Online Presence is (H)idden to other users.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:16 pm Reply with quote

dad7732,

Ok, so that something the user can chose in their profile settings.

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Well, I thought I had that figured out. But, I guess I don't no what makes a user hidden. I don't see the setting for that.

dad7732

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote

In "Your Account" => "Change Info", scroll down to the third drop-down:

Hide your online status: Yes/No

rickleigh

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:32 pm Reply with quote

dad7732 wrote:
In "Your Account" => "Change Info", scroll down to the third drop-down:

Hide your online status: Yes/No

It wasn't there as an option but, I seen that it was deactived in the user fields in the user config. It must default at hidden if not active.

CodyG
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:33 am Reply with quote

On one of my sites I have the hidden option deactivated. However, everytime I go to Your Account / Change Info and click Save Changes, even without making changes, the value of user_allow_viewonline changes from 1 to 0. I go into phpmyadmin and change the value back to 1 and then test it again, (go to Your Account/Your Info and without making any changes, and the Hide Online isn't even available as an option, I click Save Changes) and sure enough the value of user_allow_viewonline changes back to 0.

Is this addressed somewhere else? I did a search but this thread was the closest I got to the issue.

Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:29 am Reply with quote

How do you deactivate this option Embarassed could not find it in admin Embarassed

jc

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:28 am Reply with quote

Edit Users / Configuration / Default Fields Tab /
Display Option to Hide Online Status

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:29 am Reply with quote

So easy when someone baby steps you through it! thanks CodyG Very Happy

jc

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:52 am Reply with quote

Now that you've found the deactivate link ... how about trying to replicate my issue? Wink

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:59 am Reply with quote

Hmm not sure about that, but to change from H to not hiding I simply go admin / Forums / management > select user = then Hide your online status NO after this the value of Hide stays at not hiding for me Very Happy

jc

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote

CodyG wrote:
Now that you've found the deactivate link ... how about trying to replicate my issue? Wink

I will look at this if I remember lol. Which value means hidden 1 or 0. I am thinking the intent was that if the admin disables this option that everyone will be defaulted to "not hidden" when editing there preferences.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote

Ok so I'm confused Embarassed I just found out there are two places for making your visit (H) one in Your Account >Change Info and another in Forums>Profile "Hide your online status:" so can both be deactivated, and if not I guess changing "Edit Users / Configuration / Default Fields Tab / Display Option to Hide Online Status" makes no sense Neutral am I missing something?

jc

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:45 pm Reply with quote

CodyG wrote:
On one of my sites I have the hidden option deactivated. However, everytime I go to Your Account / Change Info and click Save Changes, even without making changes, the value of user_allow_viewonline changes from 1 to 0. I go into phpmyadmin and change the value back to 1 and then test it again, (go to Your Account/Your Info and without making any changes, and the Hide Online isn't even available as an option, I click Save Changes) and sure enough the value of user_allow_viewonline changes back to 0.

Is this addressed somewhere else? I did a search but this thread was the closest I got to the issue.

Open /modules/Your_Account/public/saveuser.php
Go to line 42:
Code:

if ($ya_config['usehideonline'] == '0') $user_allow_viewonline = '0';

Change to:
Code:

if ($ya_config['usehideonline'] == '0') $user_allow_viewonline = '1';

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:47 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld wrote:
Ok so I'm confused Embarassed I just found out there are two places for making your visit (H) one in Your Account >Change Info and another in Forums>Profile "Hide your online status:" so can both be deactivated, and if not I guess changing "Edit Users / Configuration / Default Fields Tab / Display Option to Hide Online Status" makes no sense Neutral am I missing something?

jc

You are correct. It can be edited in both places. So yes it may be a little pointless other than removing clutter. The only way to fix that is to remove the field from the forum template and hard code in a hidden input to set to 1 or 0 depending on your needs.

CodyG

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 6:52 pm Reply with quote

That fixed my problem. Wink Not sure if it caused another one....
It was such an odd behaviour. Everytime I changed the value in the db, saving the form reversed it!

Palbin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:04 pm Reply with quote

It will still reverse it now, but only if the user has it set to No. I figure the only reason you would want to hide that field is so a user can't hide him/herself.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic