Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:04 pm Reply with quote

Well analog that is. today I watched the stations one by one drop analog.

but it got me thinking.

All them converter boxes seems every one of them are MADE IN CHINA

so im thinking this Digital TV crap is nothing more then a ploy to give china more money$kaching!kaching!$ as NONE of the DTV converter boxes seem to be made in the usa.

discuss...

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:07 pm Reply with quote

Maybe it's a socio-economic thing.
People in the US might be more likely to have a TV that is digital compatible?
If that's the case, maybe there isn't such a big market for 'converters' that warrants the capitol to tool-up for production.
China is also one of the worlds cheapest labor markets so perhaps it's just cheaper to import them than produce them?
Great topic though!

duck
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:55 pm Reply with quote

Nah the ploy is not about more money for china it is about more money for the cable company. Bottom line you can't steal digital cable but you can steal analog. They figure all those people who are stealing their analog will now have to sign up for digital and start paying. But really all they are gonna do is encourage a lot of them to start using Satellite cause you can still steal satellite. Not that I am advocating the stealing of cable but the fact that you have to pay for a bunch of crap you don't want to get the few things you do want means I hold no grudge towards those stealing it.

More over the Cable companies sneaky practice of stealing from the honest customers makes me feel the deserve to be stole from themselves. Go check your last 12 months of cable bills I am willing to bet if you look at them closely you'll find extra charges somewhere you didn't know about. They do it all the time. That is what their business model is based on. Charge someone wrong and wait till they complain. If they don't great. If they do make em jump through a million hoops to rectify the problem. Put em on hold for hours at a time and bounce em around in hopes they give up. 6 months later after you finally agree to refund them you'll have made enough interest on the overcharge anyway and still be ahead of the game. Crooks of the worst kind. Completely legal and backed by the government whenever they need something that nets them more cash. Yeah if ya can't tell cable companies annoy me. lol

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:28 pm Reply with quote

Bottom line it's about more kaching!$ I agree duck! they want to squeeze and squeeze more juice out of raisins, and continue to bankrupt states such as California! How can it be the 7th largest economy in the world and yet be broke! politicians, vote every one of the bastards out! sorry Embarassed

jc

Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:16 pm Reply with quote

Actually, its all about releasing the analog TV spectrum. Those airwaves are the ones most useful for wide transmissions, thus their original use for analog TV. Now the federal government can switch to digital and license that spectrum back to communications companies to do wireless broadband and more. The government got billions of dollars doing that Smile

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
duck

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:36 pm Reply with quote

Well you either work for the cable companies or sadly bought their pathetic public excuse to draw the attention of the real reason which I already stated.

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote

Turns out the next generation of government mind control devices only work with digital TV's and converter boxes. Why do you think they gave out all those coupons? Razz

Oh, and Infomercials should be illegal on paid Cable/Satellite ...

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 11:42 pm Reply with quote

Since you mention it, I wonder how many people would be willing to pay extra for no adverts.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 12:00 pm Reply with quote

no commercials would be nice. but wont happen.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:49 pm Reply with quote

kd8hho wrote:
no commercials would be nice. but wont happen.

happens in france , the 5 National channels are running without ads during peak hours. This is really good because the movies are uninterrupted and they start a 08:30 PM. And to put the cherry on the top , all channels are HD wise , support 3 or more audio languages (french ,german , english).

going back to topic , cable TV died 2 years ago when TNT (Television Numerique Terrestre) was forced as a the new standard.They are releasing RNT (Radio Numerique Terrestre) this year and they will force the standard in 2 years.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote

well in the usa TV without ads wont happen lol

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Wow! Conspiracy theorists unite! The Truth IS Out There killing me

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic