Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Stand Alone
taliesen

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote

Greetings all! I hope I'm posting in the right place. For some reason I cannot find out where to enable "Visual Mode" for myself or my posters. My website is [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] .

Is there a setting I am missing, or is visual mode not available for PhPbb that comes with ravennuke? Thanks!

Taliesen

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 3:03 pm Reply with quote

What makes you think you need to turn on "Visual Mode" - I assume you have read something somewhere about "Visual Mode" so I'm trying to understand your question because I cannot think of what you might mean.

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:18 pm Reply with quote

The closest thing I can think of is "Enable Visual Confirmation".. and that only applies if the users are registering through the Forums itself.

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
taliesen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:04 am Reply with quote

Sorry. I'm probably using the wrong terminology. Back in the day when I used postnuke, anytime myself, or my users, clicked on the txt box to a forum reply it would ask "would you like to use visual mode?". If you clicked yes it would put up the formating options so that any formating you chose, (Like MS Word - where you can click on a button for bold, itallics, center, image, ...etc..etc), would come up and automatically put in the html code for you.

Most forums it comes standard without asking for such confirmation if a user wants to use that type of mode.

For example - if I want bot BOLD a word I have to "[ b] [/b]". Where as in visual mode I could just highlight the text, click on "B" and it would bold it for me without me having to put in any coding.

I hope that explains it!

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:45 am Reply with quote

There are no such thing for bbtonuke. I'm sorry Sad

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:56 am Reply with quote

You mat want to Google for "Advanced BBCode"

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:04 am Reply with quote

there is the bbcode box mod.... it may not be exactly what you looking for, but give it try.. [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

found this image on the forums here, it looks a little like this with some minor changes

taliesen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:26 am Reply with quote

Great idea, but the download link doesn't work. Apparently the author of the mod is having some home issues and has closed shop until further notice. Hmmm but there might be other mods out there that will do something similar.

My only aprehension is how compatable they will be with RavenNuke.

taliesen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:53 am Reply with quote

PS. I believe that Raven is using phpBB Forums version 2.0 - are there any plans to upgrade to the newest edition which is version 3.0??

ToolBox
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote

taliesen wrote:
PS. I believe that Raven is using phpBB Forums version 2.0 - are there any plans to upgrade to the newest edition which is version 3.0??
Bang Head

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote

LOL. Toolbox and the others at Nuke Korea have already ported phpbb3 to nuke. You can download it from there. BTW.... Excellent work and thank you Toolbox.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 1:39 pm Reply with quote

ToolBox wrote:
taliesen wrote:
Bang Head

Blonde Moment

taliesen

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote

If you haven't guessed i'm very new and green to all this - i'm doing my best but i'm not so good with the terminology..etc...etc. Please bare with me...

Thank you toolbox, btw. I suppose I should google Nuke Korea and find the D/L? I'm just skiddish because it seems like every time I upgrade something my World of Warcraft skin goes to crap, or I mess up the Raven CMS. I'm very interested in hiring someone to help manage the site to get it to where I want - if any are interested.

Again - sorry and thank you for your patience.

ToolBox

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote

That's fine.
There is no body who can run from the birth.

spasticdonkey

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:35 pm Reply with quote

on page 2 of the post i mentioned there is a working download link, thanks to kguske Smile [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Stand Alone

View next topic
View previous topic