Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0
nene

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote

I explored Raven site for several hours but none of the answers quite fit my problem.

PHP-Nuke: 8.0 (upgraded to from 6.5 offered by Yahoo!)
MySQL: 4.1.14
URL: php.imaginarylands.org
I do not have PHPbb installed

Installation and configuration went fine. I did not get any errors during upgrade (all upgrade files deleted). No problems until I created my first test user. I am able to fill out the registration form and get the following:

"New User Account Created!
Welcome! You are now registered as a member.
Your request for a new account has been processed. You'll receive an email in the next few seconds with a activation link that should be visited in the next 24 hours to be able to activate your account.
Thank you for registering at _____!"

HOWEVER, no email ever arrives.

So far I have figured out that users end up in nuke_users_temp, which seems to be preventing users from getting activation email.

I have checked the config.php file and I think everything is entered correctly. In case it matters, I did change the name of the admin.php file for security purposes. I have made a few minor to language.php files to edit text, but most configuration was done via the GUI.

Thank you if you can help...

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:23 am Reply with quote

huhm , i'm not fluent in 8.0 but I thought that nuke_users_temp was were users go first before activation.

I suggest you convert to Ravennuke , far less hassle on that one and more people will be able to help you.

ToolBox
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 3:07 am Reply with quote

Check list:
1. your server hosting - whether or not they support emailing in php
2. If so in check list 1, try to test it

for instance, in your command line (like in SSH0, type sendmail with the address that you tried in sign-on section of your phpnuke 8.0.

Primarily, php uses sendmail which is a system service in any types of *NIX machines.

As long as your server has a sendmail service and correct configuration, your php will send it 100%.

* More tip 1: look at your phpinfo to double-check php config turned on sendmail service as well.
* Even though sendmail service is on, it may use different port. default SMTP and ESMTP port is 25.

eldorado

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quote

yes toolbox is right. We could only assume you don't have sendmail() activated in your php.ini file.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:50 am Reply with quote

nene, you definitely should check with Yahoo! hosting if the PHP mail() function is enabled or not. Nuke 8.0 isn't going to work for you otherwise. However, to Toolbox' point, RavenNuke(tm) can handle an authenticated SMTP setup if that is what they require.

nene

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:24 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the guidance. I won't bore with details but for foreseeable future I am stuck with Yahoo! And, yes, they support PHP mail(). I ran the phpinfo file and this is what I discovered:

UNDER CONFIGURATION (PHP core)

sendmail_from -- no value -- no value
sendmail_path -- /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i -- /usr/sbin/sendmail -t -i
SMTP -- localhost -- localhost
smtp_port -- 25 -- 25

According to Yahoo! I need to set something called "PHP/Perl Mail Setup process," which I think I did. This the page I referred to: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

HOWEVER, still no success...

Odd thing is, a few months ago I installed PHP-Nuke on Yahoo just to play with to see if I wanted to use it for the long haul. At that time I did create test users and they did get activation emails. However, I can't remember if I upgraded to 8.0 at that time. Now I wish I had not deleted it ...

Can anyone suggest a good next step?

ToolBox

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:49 pm Reply with quote

Sorry to hear such failure.
I don't know why you selected Yahoo! hosting.
If you can get refund still now, then kick off the yahoo hosting.
Find another hosting. That will save your time.
Many people will review best hosting for phpnuke if you want.

nene

PostPosted: Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:06 pm Reply with quote

Problem solved! Thanks for the feedback...

montego

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:35 pm Reply with quote

nene, please let us know how the problem was solved. It might help someone else in the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> phpnuke 8.0

View next topic
View previous topic