Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues
hitekredneck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:30 pm Reply with quote

I hope this is the right forum to put this in. I've recently started testing advertising on my test site theammocrate.net (and yes I know the copyright info is missing, I accidentially wiped it out and just haven't got around to putting it back) I setup some test clients and banners, but cannot use the client login, it just clears the form and loops back. a test account anyone can use to test is ID: testuser PW: test123 I have another test site hosted here at home and it works fine, already tried to copy the advertising module and it had no effect. any help would be greatly appreciated.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:35 pm Reply with quote

Are you logged in as the admin at the same time?
It works for me.

hitekredneck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:40 pm Reply with quote

Thanks for the quick response! I tried it both ways and neither worked. I just thought to try FireFox and it worked! I tried on a different computer and got the same results (using IE 6 on both). What browser were you using?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:45 pm Reply with quote

I used FF but have just checked with IE 6 and 7 and it is fine with that too.
I suspect you might want to delete your cookies for that domain Wink

hitekredneck

PostPosted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 4:51 pm Reply with quote

Cleared out all cookies and tried, still no success. Must be a config issue (like blocked myself somewhere somehow Bang Head ) Anyways I guess I'll just play around with it a little and see what I may have done. Thanks again for the quick response and test!

selectric
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 9:48 am Reply with quote

Did this ever get fixed? Im having the same problem. I cannot login as a ad client. I cannot change the password in the admin either.

hitekredneck

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 pm Reply with quote

I honestly can't remember. As soon as I get some free time this weekend I will take a look and see if it was resolved and what I did to fix it.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:40 pm Reply with quote

I'm just going to check the latest version as I use a custom script on my main site so I'll have to fire up my development platform. Back in minute....

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:46 pm Reply with quote

I activated the Advertising module
Set up a client login through the Advertising module admin area
Went back to the homepage, clicked the advertising module link
clicked the Client Log-in link and logged in without any problems.

hitekredneck

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 7:37 am Reply with quote

Mine is working, don't remember if I ever figured out why it was having the looping problem though.

selectric

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:59 pm Reply with quote

Well Im bummed that it doesnt work for me! I set a client login and password in the Advertising admin, and once that is done, I cannot change the pass or information. When I try to login to the client admin section, I get a login incorrect only if the info is wrong. If the login info is right, it just brings me back to the login with blank fields. This happens whether Im logged in as admin or not.

Ive never seen the inside of this module in action, because of this.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 3:23 pm Reply with quote

OK lets take this from the top then.
You are using RavenNuke (tm) version 2.10.01 (not the latest version which is 2.3) and the site was originally a clean installation not an upgrade from anything?

When you turn on error reporting on, no errors are actually reported. I think in 2.10.01 the error reporting switch was in rnconfig.php but was moved to config.php in later versions.
I would ask you to turn on the SQL error log but that facility only exists in later versions.

Let's see where we go from there so we can resolve this for you.

selectric

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote

Hi, thanks for your response and help. I personally am running rn2.20.01. It was a new, clean installation. Can I ask about this concept of erasing cookies for my domain? Are you talking about simply deleting cookies off of my computer?

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:26 pm Reply with quote

That isn't going to help in this case as you are being looped when you enter the correct log-in information and given the 'login incorrect' response when you try to log-in with the wrong details so there doesn't seem to be a problem with conflicting cookies.

selectric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:26 am Reply with quote

I guess Im going to have to delete this module. I cannot understand why it doesnt work for me alone.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:07 am Reply with quote

Did you turn error reporting on as I asked?
What errors are being reported?
Sorry but without having access to the site, this is a process of elimination as it could be caused by a number of things;
Files not ftp'd correctly and are either missing or corrupt
The tables may not be updated for whatever reason

You really should be using the latest version any way as there were some very important updates.

selectric

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:54 am Reply with quote

How do I turn on error reporting? In mainfile or rnconfigure? Thanks.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote

In was in my post on June 2nd

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> RN v2.10.01 - All Issues

View next topic
View previous topic