Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
prekill
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:20 pm Reply with quote

Is there any chat module/script similar to facebbok style chat?

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:30 pm Reply with quote

No not at this time for Raven, for phpNuke 7.6 + there is an Instant Messenger which works via pop-ups which gives it the feeling of chatting one to one like Facebook. If you do find one please post.

jc

Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote

Have a look at Nuke Live Chat here: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:07 am Reply with quote

I find Nuke Live chat to be more like a super nice Shout Box. Facebook like Instant Messenger is member to member instant chat.

jc

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 12:09 am Reply with quote

There is also a nice private messages module being developed over at: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Probably still not quite what you are looking for, but probably worth a look.

eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote

I'm coding one , similar to Gmail for my own site. I didn't know facebook-like IM would be so interresting. I'll post a link when i'm done cleaning it. I only works with RNYA and forums. It doesn't have that fancy bar on the bottom Sad

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 9:04 pm Reply with quote

Looking forward to guardians and yours eldorado. Please post the link when you have it or where one could see it Very Happy

prekill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 2:51 pm Reply with quote

Is there any screenshot maybe? so we will be able to give an opinion or help with the development Rolling Eyes

wHiTeHaT
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:17 pm Reply with quote

no sceenshot , however some interesting reporting: [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

for what i can say right now (knowing better excist but not affordeble), it is crap

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:47 pm Reply with quote

I hope to see in the future a chat similar to FB with the ability to communicate one to one with the nuke_users on the site! I have seen some promising projects and hope they come to realization soon. I would be willing to ask for donations from my site members in order to contribute to the project. If anyone is out there working on a FB type of chat, would be great to know!

jc

kguske
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote

You might also wish to look at the chat function on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] (in addition to the nice Friends functionality and inline editing on the Your Account profile.

I haven't seen (and highly anticipate anything done by) Guardian's work, but the chat function used on nunuke is very similar to facebook.

The developer is working on some of these enhancements for RavenNuke, too.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 3:43 pm Reply with quote

Thanks kguske! the uk chat is just like FB in a lot of ways. Any idea how or where to download and more importantly if it works with Raven Very Happy I like to give this a ride

Best,
jc Razz

gazj
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 5:30 pm Reply with quote

the script on my site (nunuke.co.uk) is gpl for non commercial use and for a small fee you can buy a license for commercial use i take no credit for this script nor want it the only thing i did was wrap it round nuke to use on my site

more info on the authors page [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:46 pm Reply with quote

gazj, the chat script is interesting, you must have done something to integrate the Nuke users, no? Maybe you can point NeapolitanWorld in the right direction since you've already done that?

Also, GPL can't be restricted "for non-commercial" sites only. It's either GPL or it's not. Some products have GPL versions and commercial versions that offer different functionality, or multiple open source (e.g. GPL, MIT, etc.) licenses for the same version.

Still, it is nice functionality. It should be reviewed for security, unless you store the table in a separate database than your Nuke tables.

Now, about the friends function...tell us more, please!

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:49 pm Reply with quote

Oops - someone asked a similar question about the license on the comments section, and the author clarified:

Quote:
Anant Garg 5.20.09 / 3pm

@Jordigh Hello, The script is licensed similarly to ExtJS - Dual License. I quote a part of their idealogy:

If you derive a commercial advantage by having a closed source solution, you must purchase an appropriate number of commercial licenses. By purchasing commercial licenses, you are no longer obligated to publish your source code. If you wish to use the open source license, you must contribute all your source code to the open source community and you must give them the right to share it with everyone too.

That isn't clear in the license section, but it's a valid dual license.

kguske

PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 pm Reply with quote

A little more checking...not sure the required table can be in a different database - at least without more Nuke integration, since it appears to require user session checking...

gazj, did you create the table as described (i.e. using the InnoDB engine)?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:19 am Reply with quote

Had a nice conversation with gazj on the chat feature today. It works really nice! very similar to FB! He said there are some issues with IE8 I believe but then again is there anything that does not? LOL. Gazj mentioned that he will be putting together a how to integration with nuke shortly on his site. Looking forward to reading and seen this. His Your Account and the plans he has for it sound really nice as well Cool

jc

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:31 am Reply with quote

the database tables i altered for mysql and the user session is a simple alteration to include the var $cookie[1] wrapped in an if(is_user i would like to rewrite the chat.php that handles the db calls n i did have a quick go but it doesnt seem to like the nuke handles the calls ie $db =

As NeapolitanWorld said i will be adding a tutorial in the next few days on how to add it to a nuke site

And kguse the commercial version of the script i believe comes with intergration to joomla ect and free for life upgrades thats the only differnce from what i can see

kguske

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:03 am Reply with quote

Thanks, gazj. If it's changed to use the $db connection for SQL, that should address most security concerns (I haven't had a chance to look at it yet, so I can say for sure).

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote

if anybody converts the file before i get there can they post a link to it so i can take a look thanks Very Happy

eldorado

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:25 pm Reply with quote

oups , gazj integrated it before me.. nice work m8 , i'm looking forward to see how you managed it as I was working on that script for a while now but didn't succeed to make the windows visible everywhere

prekill

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:12 pm Reply with quote

wow! this is great! looking foward to the tutorial on how to integrate this with nuke!

this kind of add-on chat can really boost up any site.. great for users...

gazj

PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:15 pm Reply with quote

eldorado im gonna rub salt into the wounds it took me all of 15 mins to get it into nuke would take longer if i rewrote the entire php back end but hey ho lol

eldorado

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 6:01 am Reply with quote

gazj wrote:
eldorado im gonna rub salt into the wounds it took me all of 15 mins to get it into nuke would take longer if i rewrote the entire php back end but hey ho lol

hehe ... thats why Razz
edit for the lucky guys.
WARNING:THIS IS HARDCODED
upload content of the zip in root
open chat.php and modify the db info.
open includes/javascript.php
change the global to
Code:
/*---FIND---*/

global $name;
/*--INLINE FIND---*/
$name
/*---AFTER ADD---*/
,$user
/*--- FIND---*/
echo '</script>'."\n\n";
}
/*---AFTER ADD---*/
session_start();
$uinfo = cookiedecode($user);
$_SESSION['username'] = stripslashes($uinfo[1]);
echo '<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="css/chat.css" />
<link type="text/css" rel="stylesheet" media="all" href="css/screen.css" />';
echo '<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/chat.js"></script>';
/*---OPEN---*/
themes/YOUR_THEME/forums/profile_view_body.tpl
/*---FIND---/*
<td>{ICQ_IMG}</td></tr>
<tr>
/*---AFTER ADD---*/
<tr>
<td align="right" nowrap="nowrap">Online Chat:</td>
<td><a href="javascript:void(0)" onclick="javascript:chatWith('{USERNAME}')">Chat with {USERNAME}</a></td>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/jquery.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript" src="js/chat.js"></script>
/*--SAVE ALL FILES---/*

edit: works fine , I've lost my scrollbar on FF 3.013 , Chrome , and IE . Otherwise the chat is working well.rofl what did I do?
gazj , help me

gazj

PostPosted: Thu Aug 13, 2009 5:00 pm Reply with quote

screen_ie.css
Code:
@charset "utf-8";

/*
 * CSS Document
 * Written by Ryan Yonzon
 * http://ryan.rawswift.com/
 */

/*
 * IE hack
 */

#main_container {
   width:100%; /* make sure we'll use 100% of page's width */
   background-color:#ffffff; /* DO NOT REMOVE THIS; or you'll have issue w/ the scrollbar, when the mouse pointer is on a white space */
   overflow-x: hidden;
   overflow-y: scroll;
}

screen.css

Code:
@charset "utf-8";

/*
 * CSS Document
 * Written by Ryan Yonzon
 * http://ryan.rawswift.com/
 */

#main_container {
   width:100%;
   /*background-color:#ffffff;  DO NOT REMOVE THIS; or you'll have issue w/ the scrollbar, when the mouse pointer is on a white space */
   /*overflow-x: hidden;*/
   /*overflow-y: scroll;*/
   /*height:100%;    this will make sure that the height will extend at the bottom */
   /*position:absolute;  container div must be absolute, for our fixed bar to work */
}

these was an issue i had so the way round it is just remove the div main_container
it isnt needed i removed it on mine but i believe thats when the chat box stays static in ie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic