Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)
HauntedWebby
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:24 pm Reply with quote

Ok I'm not sure I want to use Sentinel anymore. It seems like a great software, and I have a huge list of banned IPs.

But today I went to MY site, I was auto logged in, clicked on Reviews, clicked Post Commend. Then I was banned. I'm not happy!!!

If this banned me for just wanting to post a review comment, how many of those banned IP's are just people wanting to use the site as intended.

Does it have something to do with the auto log in?

AND

Where in my database is my IPs stored so I can delete my IP to unban myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:26 pm Reply with quote

Never mine I finally found the IPs.

But why did it just ban me? Crying or Very sad

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 12:37 pm Reply with quote

Ok not the frustration level is high!!! Something is not right!! I deleted my IP, logged out ... rebooted .... revisited my site ... Logged in ... and was banned again for trying to post a review Bang Head

I'm on 1.2, php-nuke 7.2, chat's updated, and Raven's hackattempt

Last edited by HauntedWebby on Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total 
squiresmk
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Probably some bug in Nuke Reviews. Can you at least give us the ban information if you receive emails about it? That way we know what link you used to get yourself banned.

Thanks.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 1:45 pm Reply with quote

And also what line 380 and 381 are. Sentinel only tries to write to .htaccess, so unless .htaccess is write protected I can't imagine what's going on.

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:30 pm Reply with quote

Raven, I'm sorry for doubting you Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed

Turns out I reuploaded the original Review (basically over wrote chatserv's update) and it's working ok.

I hope that this doesn't open me back up to hacking. I wonder what the difference is. When I have more time I'll compair the original and update line by line to see.

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Smile - As long as sentinel is installed, you should be fine! Also, get me HTTP Auth hack installed. It will double protect your admin login Wink

HauntedWebby

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:40 pm Reply with quote

is that the hackattempt.php? If it is it's installed. if it's something else, I don't think I've found it yet Smile It's kinda strange, one day I can download stuff, the next day I can't, then a couple days later I can again. Me and my stupid compter ... lol!!!

Raven

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2004 9:43 pm Reply with quote

Sentinel(tm) and not Hack Alert. The HTTP Auth can be found at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

jamesmc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 6:59 am Reply with quote

Today someone was banned from my site .... they emailed me to that effect saying they were only browsing and why were they banned?

Here is what Sentinal is saying they used that caused the ban:

Quote:

mywebsite.com/phpnuke/modules.php?set_fullOnly=off&return=modules.php%3Fid%3DChassis%26op%3Dmodload%26name%3Dgallery%26file%3Dindex%26include%3Dview_photo.php&cmd=&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=do_command.php

I'm more of a user than anything else so this means little to me... was this users action normal or are they just trying it on?

Using:
Nuke 7.1
Gellery 1.4.1
Sentinal and a bunch of other stuff.

regards
James Mc

Raven

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:07 am Reply with quote

See these posts
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Also, in the future when reporting Sentinel(tm) issues, please post the top part of the email that you received to help us more easily determine the cause.

jamesmc

PostPosted: Tue Jun 15, 2004 7:12 am Reply with quote

OK thanks for the quick response.

regards
James Mc

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm)

View next topic
View previous topic