Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion
kd8hho
Worker
Worker

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:56 pm Reply with quote

just curious. got any ham radio ops around this forums?

Linux Register User #481509 | Ubuntu Register User #25492 
Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 2:01 am Reply with quote

dah-dit dah-dah-dah di-dah-dah-dit dit
It was always too much like hard work sitting the exam in the UK and the fee was exhorbitent just to get a little RSGB lapel pin lol.
I dabbled with slow scan TV for a while but there was more fun to be had scaring the local CB'ers half to death after firing up a home brewed 2kw valve RF amp.
Those were the days......

Aerial design always held an interest for me though. My parents neighbors never knew what they would see when they opened their bedroom curtains but their faces were an absolute picture when I unveiled my replica 2metre, 6 element Yagi beam adorning the top of 66 foot of aluminium scaffolding poles Smile

If I remember correctly, the first radio I ever bought was an old '19' set that fell off the back of a tank.

Happy days.......

kd8hho

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
dah-dit dah-dah-dah di-dah-dah-dit dit
It was always too much like hard work sitting the exam in the UK and the fee was exhorbitent just to get a little RSGB lapel pin lol.
I dabbled with slow scan TV for a while but there was more fun to be had scaring the local CB'ers half to death after firing up a home brewed 2kw valve RF amp.
Those were the days......

Aerial design always held an interest for me though. My parents neighbors never knew what they would see when they opened their bedroom curtains but their faces were an absolute picture when I unveiled my replica 2metre, 6 element Yagi beam adorning the top of 66 foot of aluminium scaffolding poles Smile

If I remember correctly, the first radio I ever bought was an old '19' set that fell off the back of a tank.

Happy days.......

lol, back in my cb days i was quite the nightmare. galaxy 2980,black cat modulator driving a heathkit sb-200 drving a home make 5KW. total pep power 7KW

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:48 am Reply with quote

Nice.
I don't remember the Galaxy but my first CB rig was a broken Hi-Gain V which I fixed and 'fettled'. I don't remember the original Freq spread, something like 26 - 28 Mhz but it finally ended up with 25.5 to 30Mhz.
I remember some of the CB guys at the time were buying some Jap imported Ham gear at the time in an effort to 'escape' from the crowded 27Mhz spectrum and they wear always shocked to here to the hear Hy-Gain's 'squeek' (roger beep).

Wow this is a trip down memory lane.... Superstar2000, Colonel360's but all the cybernet chassis gear was 'flexible' in terms of quick modding.

Of course then they made CB's legal in the UK but used some obscure freg range and channel seperation to ensure none of the US stuff was legal Sad Kinda took the fun out of it then.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:11 am Reply with quote

yea the uk cb i believe uses FM and the upper end of the 11 meter band
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] <- galaxy saturn, also same as rci 2980 had many of these at one time
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] galaxy dx-88hl used these for moble

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:06 pm Reply with quote

Hearing you clean and green.

I can't remember the radio my dad had, but I can remember many times waiting for my dad to come home and sitting by the radio waiting for him to come into signal.

10-10 over and out.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:27 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Hearing you clean and green.

I can't remember the radio my dad had, but I can remember many times waiting for my dad to come home and sitting by the radio waiting for him to come into signal.

10-10 over and out.

i myself gave up the cb garbage 10 years ago and went ham.

so now i sound like this

-.-. --.- / -.-. --.- / -.. . / -.- -.. ---.. .... .... --- / -.-. --.-

or

Dah-di-dah-dit Dah-dah-di-dah, Dah-di-dah-dit Dah-dah-di-dah, Dah-di-dit Dit, Dah-di-dah Dah-di-dit Dah-dah-dah-di-dit Di-di-di-dit Di-di-di-dit Dah-dah-dah, Dah-di-dah-dit Dah-dah-di-dah

jakec

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 1:32 pm Reply with quote

Far too complicated for me. Laughing

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:24 pm Reply with quote

Darn my morse is rusty, I thought you put DE instead of DX then

kd8hho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:34 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Darn my morse is rusty, I thought you put DE instead of DX then

actually is is DE.

cq cq de kd8hho cq

DE short for this is

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Well that just shows you how long ago it was (nearly 30 years) as I don't even remember what the DE shorthand was for as I never used it.

jakec

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:00 am Reply with quote

Shocked

kd8hho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
Well that just shows you how long ago it was (nearly 30 years) as I don't even remember what the DE shorthand was for as I never used it.

lol, cw or code actually is kinda fun. been able to make contacts with people with cw where ssb was no chance.

technocrat
Life Cycles Becoming CPU Cycles

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 10:21 am Reply with quote

My dad is still an operator and runs two websites that sell ham gear.

kd8hho

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:42 pm Reply with quote

technocrat wrote:
My dad is still an operator and runs two websites that sell ham gear.

cool. care to share?

technocrat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote

hamcq.com and newhamstore.com

kd8hho

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:37 pm Reply with quote

i get a 10% discount rite Razz

nice sites actually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Other - Discussion

View next topic
View previous topic