Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 9:32 am Reply with quote

Just had a user change her email address, I got the notification and so did the user. Clicked on the activation link supplied and got a blank page with just the site header displayed. User shows as being active in every dialog, but the nuke_users table shows not active. What's up with this?

I rmember having the same problem here when I changed my email address a good while back.

Thanks

spasticdonkey
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:43 am Reply with quote

Prior to RNYA, I believe if a user changes email address the account is auto-deactivated.. Not sure how this is handled now with RNYA, but maybe it's a left-over effect of this?

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:09 pm Reply with quote

Domain is running latest RNYA so it must be a carryover. But the problem is that the re-activation link doesn't work. I had no other option, that I know of, but to re-activate in the users table.

Cheers

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:12 pm Reply with quote

I just tried it on [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] and everything worked fine.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:27 pm Reply with quote

I also tried it on two other domains and it didn't, did the same exact thing, activation link doesn't work. I remember it not working here when I changed my email address. Raven had to manually re-activate.

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2009 3:51 pm Reply with quote

I turned off email validation in RNYA and everything works just fine, don't need a reactivation, etc.

Cheers

NeapolitanWorld
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 11:27 am Reply with quote

I have this problem as well! but would like to keep e-mail validation ON. I had a thread going about this problem but unable to resolve.

Regards,
jc

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 3:53 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, is it possible for me to register on your site?

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 4:17 pm Reply with quote

Sure I'll Private Message you the address here shortly. I don't have the option to edit/change e-mail in order to not run in to the problem described here, but I'll set it to yes again for now.

jc

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote

NeapolitanWorld, I just registered and changed my email multiple times and everything went fine on your site. The only time I got an error is when I wasn't logged in already. All I did was login as it said and then clicked the link again and it worked fine.

So unless one of you guys can help me reproduce this I don't know what to say. Sad

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:12 pm Reply with quote

If the link isn't working try coping and pasting the link into the address bar instead of clicking on it.

NeapolitanWorld

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 9:34 am Reply with quote

Thank you Palbin for taking the time to check. I did have about 3 of my old members change their e-mails and I also tested and ran in to this problem. However I never tested with a new user. So perhaps it's some glitch from my 7.6 patch conversion. Well if it's working now that is way cool Very Happy I'll test a little more and see what happens.

thanks again!
jc

Palbin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2009 10:36 am Reply with quote

Didn't think about old users. Maybe try turning on the db logging and see if you get any errors when you try to activate the account / confirm the email address..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic