Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules
pdfx
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:55 am Reply with quote

Hello all,

Has anybody used this mod successfuly?
I am about to try and use it for up to 16 categories and some sub categories and wondered if i am wasting my time, or if there is a better multi review mod out there?

Paul

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:36 am Reply with quote

I have moved your post from RN 20.10.01 issues to 'Modules' where I think it might be more appropriate.

catweazle
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:19 pm Reply with quote

Hi.
I'm using the MReviews 2.0 - Revisited module.
MReviews v2.0 works like a charm on Nuke v7.6 patched - as well as all RavenNuke(tm) v20.xx.xx versions.
I don't have more than 12 categories though, but all categoreies have at least some 10+ subcategories as well.
I have not tested MReviews v2.0 on other Nuke versions than stated above.

I do know that v3.0 is out but I'm so happy with my (slightly modified) v2.0 that I haven't bothered to upgrade yet (probably not going to either)...
I think you should give it a go Very Happy

amber222
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:26 pm Reply with quote

I downloaded MReviews 3.0, and the readme file says it is for CPG-Nuke. It also says the last edit was in 2004. I read posts on other sites that say the author has abandoned MReviews for PHP-Nuke, so it appears 2.0 is all that is available. If somebody has other info, please post.

I found the Reviews 4.0 module at pcnuke.com. It looks better and has more features. I installed it on a site which uses RN 20.20.01, but it doesn't work properly. The database tables don't get updated, and errors are received when uploading images. Everybody else (in that forum) using Nuke Patched 3.3 says it works perfectly, so I am guessing it is just not compatible with RN.

If anybody has gotten Reviews 4.0 to work with RN, please advise. thanks.

Guardian2003

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 3:12 pm Reply with quote

If it is working with *nuke patched then it should work with RN BUT PCNuke is a fork of nuke so the module may have been written to satisy their own in-house design methodolgy.
If you could give some indication of the errors/error messages you are getting we might be able to help.

catweazle

PostPosted: Sat Apr 05, 2008 12:46 am Reply with quote

@amber222, can you post the DL link to MReviews v3.0?
I will give both v3.0 and v4.0(CPGversion) at try at my test site.

[edit] Please post DL link to both versions. - Thanks! [/edit]

amber222

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
If it is working with *nuke patched then it should work with RN BUT PCNuke is a fork of nuke so the module may have been written to satisy their own in-house design methodolgy.
If you could give some indication of the errors/error messages you are getting we might be able to help.

Thanks, Guardian, for your offer of assistance. I went back and searched the forums again at pcnuke. I found a post about unresolved issues with images in Reviews 4.0. It's strange- that first day none of the reviews I created would get added to the db. Today, I don't have that problem. This Reviews 4.0 module costs $5 in pcnuke's online store. That post about unresolved issues with the images should have been a sticky.

catweazle wrote:
amber222, can you post the DL link to MReviews v3.0?
I will give both v3.0 and v4.0(CPGversion) at try at my test site.

I downloaded MReviews 3.0 from ClanThemes at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] - they say it is the same module seen at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] but I'm wondering if they haven't made a mistake in the download they provided.

Next I downloaded MReviews 2.0.032 from pcnuke. It can be downloaded by registered users of pcnuke at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

[edit] - I found a few issues with MReviews 2.0.032, so I have decided to use Reviews 4.0, which looks like the same module shown on that page at thalassemia.com.pk. It is available for $5 in the online store at [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] Once you add an image you can only edit it in the database. It appears the fix for this has been put on the back burner. [/edit]

pdfx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:26 am Reply with quote

Ok thanks all for the feedback and comments, was useful.
I am testing MReviews V2 now making some changes on it, but I cant seem to get the reviews stars to work? anyone else had this? I am using Raven newest version?
When I open the blank star image in a new window I get a 404 not found. Aslso on the copyriht copyright link at the bottom of the mod, this window opens and say forbidden?

Catweazle, do your images work ok?

P

amber222

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 11:09 am Reply with quote

pdfx wrote:
Ok thanks all for the feedback and comments, was useful.
I am testing MReviews V2 now making some changes on it, but I cant seem to get the reviews stars to work? anyone else had this? I am using Raven newest version?
When I open the blank star image in a new window I get a 404 not found. Aslso on the copyriht copyright link at the bottom of the mod, this window opens and say forbidden?

Catweazle, do your images work ok?

P

You probably need to edit the index.php file and set the location for images - $ReviewsImagesUrl:

Code:
// Customization Area Starts

$border_color = "#000000";
// Change this according to your theme

$PictureList     = "yes";
// no OR yes (If No Then there will be Simple Text based Category linking, If yes then there will Picture Based Category linking)

$AllowGuestsToPost = "no";
// no OR yes (If No Then only Registered Members will be able to Submit Review)

$EmailNotification = "off";
// Email Notification For Every Review, Switches : (on OR off)

$ReviewsImagesUrl  = "http://www.mysite.com/MReviews";
//You can have any site you wish to use here :) usefull for those who dont have enough space left in There Nuke Hosting :)

$max_results       = "15";
// Max Results For List All Page

// Customization finishes

On my installation, the copyright worked. I saw some sites where it didn't. Makes me think it errors in v.2.0 but works in v.2.0.032.

The problem I had in v.2.0.032 was that the category wasn't retained after the new review was previewed. No matter which category I selected, on preview it always showed the default category. Then when I accepted the review, it showed no category at all. The only way I could get the category correct was to edit it in Admin.

pdfx

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:21 pm Reply with quote

thanks, it wasnt that, i alredy checked that, was a small typo can you believe it!!

Does anyone have the sub_cats table structure for the Sql, all the fields etc and what I add?
For some reason the table is missing and I do not know all the fields and info to populate?

This is the message I have:
Table '(my Database name is here).nuke_MReviews_sub_cats' doesn't exist

P

pdfx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:09 am Reply with quote

It looks like I managed it, imported the table into the DB,
Yes I am learning much more!

P

pan
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:50 pm Reply with quote

I need some help getting it working!
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> Modules

View next topic
View previous topic