Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
dschulze
Client

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:24 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Well to help us can you give us some more information about your setup. PHP & mySQL versions, what modules you have installed etc.

Sure! Should have included that in the first place...apologies!

PHP 5.2.5
mySQL 5.045
Apache 2.2.6
WIN XP Pro SP2 (test environment with this behavior)

Modules Installed (standards, no add-ons):
Home (of course)
Downloads
Forums
NukeSentinel
Private Messages
Resend_Email
Search
Topics
Your Account

Thanks for any advice in the right direction...it is much appreciated.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 1:42 pm Reply with quote

Did you start with all clean files and then upgrade the db, or did you overwrite the old files and then update the db?

Not that it should matter, but trying to find an answer Smile

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:31 pm Reply with quote

Have you tried a clean install, rather than an upgrade?

Just trying to work out if it is an upgrade issue or not.

Palbin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 2:55 pm Reply with quote

jakec wrote:
Have you tried a clean install, rather than an upgrade?

Just trying to work out if it is an upgrade issue or not.

I knew I forgot something Laughing

dschulze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:01 pm Reply with quote

I will try a clean install, first clean on the file side with a db upgrade (as this is what I must ultimately accomplish...too much existing db "stuff" to lose or try to migrate) and, if that is the same, a clean file/db install and report back. Thanks. Install this revision was upgrade to existing files and db.

Guardian2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:09 pm Reply with quote

I have not come across and upgrade problems myself as far as database migration is concerned but you should be aware (as per the HowToInstall) stuff that some file have moved, been removed etc.
There is a file ( file_migration23.php ) in the utilities directory that does a rough check on older files, you can run that safely without harming your install to get some idea of any problems that might related to having older files left over.

dschulze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:14 pm Reply with quote

Guardian2003 wrote:
I have not come across and upgrade problems myself as far as database migration is concerned but you should be aware (as per the HowToInstall) stuff that some file have moved, been removed etc.
There is a file ( file_migration23.php ) in the utilities directory that does a rough check on older files, you can run that safely without harming your install to get some idea of any problems that might related to having older files left over.

Thank you very much. I will get back with my results asap.

dschulze

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 3:21 pm Reply with quote

Update: a clean install on the file side shows Registration to function properly....so THANKS as you all helped me at least narrow it to some kind of older file issue...hunting that down from here and will report back in case it happens to anyone else down the line.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 6:12 am Reply with quote

I know you said you have check for errors etc, but just double check that database logging is turned on in the rnconfig.php file and also error reporting in the config.php file. Additionally you need to make sure the dblog file in the rnlog directory is writable.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:12 am Reply with quote

dschulze, it is definitely possible that we missed a needed update in our rndb_upgrade.php script, but we need to isolate exactly what that is. It would be helpful to if you could use MySQLDiff to compare the clean fresh 2.3.0 install against your upgraded one and note any structural issues here. If the structure passes and the files pass, then we have to dig into the more difficult issue, and that is what I call "seed data". I.e., key configuration data needed to make RNYA work properly.

dschulze

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2008 11:43 am Reply with quote

montego wrote:
dschulze, it is definitely possible that we missed a needed update in our rndb_upgrade.php script, but we need to isolate exactly what that is. It would be helpful to if you could use MySQLDiff to compare the clean fresh 2.3.0 install against your upgraded one and note any structural issues here. If the structure passes and the files pass, then we have to dig into the more difficult issue, and that is what I call "seed data". I.e., key configuration data needed to make RNYA work properly.

Sure...will do as soon as I can.

vard

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 1:34 pm Reply with quote

I seam to have the same problem.

I have a clean install, both files and DB and have tested several times. I have set up raven nuke on 3 different domains from the same hoster without any problems.

problem is, when i hit the continue button after registration info on the new user account, nothing happens..
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] is the URL if anyone wants to check.. (i see you have already tested on the OP's links)

Edit: I doesn't help if i change themes..

montego

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote

I just tried to sign up and I believe the issue is a conflict between whatever other javascript you have on your site and the RNYA module. We have seen this recently reported in the forums. I would try removing your js code first, verify that the core RN works, and then slowly add js functionality back in until you find the conflict.

jaded
Theme Guru

PostPosted: Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:10 pm Reply with quote

I had this exact issue a couple of weeks ago and posted here. Kguske helped me to solve it. We had to remove a javascript block that was on the site. Once we did that and cleared cache, everything worked. I would assume that this or something very similar is your issue also.
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Ghost Stories & More [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic