Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN New Installation Issues
rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 4:56 am Reply with quote

Just started installing on a new server but I had the same issue on my old server as well. None of the RavenNuke pages display. Not even errors. I can use my old phpnuke sites just fine, and display a phpinfo page in the new install root, but otherwise none of the pages process. The included HowToInstall shows fine.

CentOS 5
Apache2.3x
Mysql 5.x
Php 5.x

Everything up to date. This is a new dedicated server. Any suggestions?

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:25 am Reply with quote

Examine your server error logs. Rename .htaccess and try again.

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:35 am Reply with quote

.htaccess exists in the webroot and i've examined my logs. I'm not seeing anything. I also turned on php debugging and nothing pops up.

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote

I think Raven was suggesting renaming it to something else just in case some of the directives in the file were causing problems.

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:49 pm Reply with quote

Originally there were no .htaccess files even there. I added some. Still troubleshooting and getting closer. I will update as I find a solution. Thanks for the replies.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:52 pm Reply with quote

Well there should be some in the package, so I would check everything has uploaded correctly using a good FTP programme.

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:10 pm Reply with quote

I used wget and am doing everything remotely on the server.

Update:

Able to get the serverEnvironmentCheck.php to display and almost everything is green, except it won't find the modules/Forums modules/HTML_Newsletter/archive folders

Unable to run the installSQL.php or setup.php still though

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:17 pm Reply with quote

Update:

Ok, permissions settings can be a cast iron uh, pan.

So far so good its finally installing after chmod 755 to all the base files except those required to be writable

Now to play around.

Thanks for the suggestions, they kept me thinking.

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:20 pm Reply with quote

Maybe a pre and post install script could be added to the package to set/fix permissions ? I'm not to horrible at webservers but uh, 2 days is too much time to spend on figuring out permissions.

FYI - Although CentOS claims that php mysql and apache are all there and php will say its Mysql support is in order, you will need to install php-mysql from yumm and restart apache to get them working.

gd-php is also good to add (could be php-gd though)

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:23 pm Reply with quote

There is a section in the HowToInstall files on what the permissions should be.

rystan

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:29 pm Reply with quote

Yes, I just read it too.

After final setup, front page is blank again.. Well I'll keep at it until I get bored or my wife shoots me.

Thanks again.

jakec

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 1:35 pm Reply with quote

lol, well I hope your wife doesn't shoot you and let us know how you get on.

Don't forget to turn error reporting on in the config.php file. Wink

Raven

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:39 am Reply with quote

rystan,

If you did not get all the files using wget then you need to start all over. wget should retrieve all the files.

If you have root or jailed root access then these 2 cli scripts will set all your permissions correctly.

Code:
find $DIR -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod $FILEMODES

find $DIR -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod $DIRMODES

The "-print0" and "-0" are GNU options, so not portable everywhere, but makes it easy to handle names with spaces in them. (Samba shares and the likes.)

Using "xargs" allows for very large directory trees. As xargs will fork() the command every time it reaches max argv size.

Example:
find public_html -type d -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 755
find public_html -type f -print0 | xargs -0 chmod 644

Now, you always need/want to execute these commands in the directory one up from where you want the permission changed. In the example above I wanted the permissions changed to every directory and file in public_html so I had to execute the commands in my /home/user directory. But if my RavenNuke(tm) root folder was in /home/user/public_html/html/ then I would execute the commands from my /home/user/public_html/ directory.

Also, you issue the commands one at a time. You could chain them but it's just as easy to do one and then after it successfully completes you do the other.

Last edited by Raven on Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:47 pm; edited 1 time in total 
rystan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:58 pm Reply with quote

I greatly appreicate the assistance.

I finally got it working, fixed all the directory/file permissions and now I have a working RavenNuke install. Now to play around and see if I can get it looking good enough to replace my old sites with.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN New Installation Issues

View next topic
View previous topic