Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Feedback/Suggestions
eldorado
Involved
Involved

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:00 pm Reply with quote

I was looking at the language code , because I am modding my RN 2.3.01.
I found this.
Code:
//

// Install Process
//
$lang['Welcome_install'] = 'Welcome to phpBB 2 Installation';
$lang['Initial_config'] = 'Basic Configuration';
$lang['DB_config'] = 'Database Configuration';
$lang['Admin_config'] = 'Admin Configuration';
$lang['continue_upgrade'] = 'Once you have downloaded your config file to your local machine you may\'Continue Upgrade\' button below to move forward with the upgrade process.  Please wait to upload the config file until the upgrade process is complete.';
$lang['upgrade_submit'] = 'Continue Upgrade';

$lang['Installer_Error'] = 'An error has occurred during installation';
$lang['Previous_Install'] = 'A previous installation has been detected';
$lang['Install_db_error'] = 'An error occurred trying to update the database';

$lang['Re_install'] = 'Your previous installation is still active.<br /><br />If you would like to re-install phpBB 2 you should click the Yes button below. Please be aware that doing so will destroy all existing data and no backups will be made! The administrator username and password you have used to login in to the board will be re-created after the re-installation and no other settings will be retained.<br /><br />Think carefully before pressing Yes!';

$lang['Inst_Step_0'] = 'Thank you for choosing phpBB 2. In order to complete this install please fill out the details requested below. Please note that the database you install into should already exist. If you are installing to a database that uses ODBC, e.g. MS Access you should first create a DSN for it before proceeding.';

$lang['Start_Install'] = 'Start Install';
$lang['Finish_Install'] = 'Finish Installation';

$lang['Default_lang'] = 'Default board language';
$lang['DB_Host'] = 'Database Server Hostname / DSN';
$lang['DB_Name'] = 'Your Database Name';
$lang['DB_Username'] = 'Database Username';
$lang['DB_Password'] = 'Database Password';
$lang['Database'] = 'Your Database';
$lang['Install_lang'] = 'Choose Language for Installation';
$lang['dbms'] = 'Database Type';
$lang['Table_Prefix'] = 'Prefix for tables in database';
$lang['Admin_Username'] = 'Administrator Username';
$lang['Admin_Password'] = 'Administrator Password';
$lang['Admin_Password_confirm'] = 'Administrator Password [ Confirm ]';

$lang['Inst_Step_2'] = 'Your admin username has been created.  At this point your basic installation is complete. You will now be taken to a screen which will allow you to administer your new installation. Please be sure to check the General Configuration details and make any required changes. Thank you for choosing phpBB 2.';

$lang['Unwriteable_config'] = 'Your config file is un-writeable at present. A copy of the config file will be downloaded to your computer when you click the button below. You should upload this file to the same directory as phpBB 2. Once this is done you should log in using the administrator name and password you provided on the previous form and visit the admin control center (a link will appear at the bottom of each screen once logged in) to check the general configuration. Thank you for choosing phpBB 2.';
$lang['Download_config'] = 'Download Config';

$lang['ftp_choose'] = 'Choose Download Method';
$lang['ftp_option'] = '<br />Since FTP extensions are enabled in this version of PHP you may also be given the option of first trying to automatically FTP the config file into place.';
$lang['ftp_instructs'] = 'You have chosen to FTP the file to the account containing phpBB 2 automatically.  Please enter the information below to facilitate this process. Note that the FTP path should be the exact path via FTP to your phpBB2 installation as if you were FTPing to it using any normal client.';
$lang['ftp_info'] = 'Enter Your FTP Information';
$lang['Attempt_ftp'] = 'Attempt to FTP config file into place';
$lang['Send_file'] = 'Just send the file to me and I\'ll FTP it manually';
$lang['ftp_path'] = 'FTP path to phpBB 2';
$lang['ftp_username'] = 'Your FTP Username';
$lang['ftp_password'] = 'Your FTP Password';
$lang['Transfer_config'] = 'Start Transfer';
$lang['NoFTP_config'] = 'The attempt to FTP the config file into place failed.  Please download the config file and FTP it into place manually.';

$lang['Install'] = 'Install';
$lang['Upgrade'] = 'Upgrade';

$lang['Install_Method'] = 'Choose your installation method';

$lang['Install_No_Ext'] = 'The PHP configuration on your server doesn\'t support the database type that you chose';

$lang['Install_No_PCRE'] = 'phpBB2 Requires the Perl-Compatible Regular Expressions Module for PHP which your PHP configuration doesn\'t appear to support!';

Code:

//
// Login attempts configuration
//
$lang['Max_login_attempts'] = 'Allowed login attempts';
$lang['Max_login_attempts_explain'] = 'The number of allowed board login attempts.';
$lang['Login_reset_time'] = 'Login lock time';
$lang['Login_reset_time_explain'] = 'Time in minutes the user have to wait until he is allowed to login again after exceeding the number of allowed login attempts.';

Wouldn't it be better to delete it from the bbtonuke package?
I'm just asking because I did delete it and was wondering if it was used elsewhere than the INSTALLATION process and LOGIN which both aren't necessary because of the RN installer

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 4:44 pm Reply with quote

Yeah, I suppose it could be. Its marginally wasteful, but poses no risk.

eldorado

PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 5:04 pm Reply with quote

montego wrote:
Yeah, I suppose it could be. Its marginally wasteful, but poses no risk.

rofl..i'm sounding a bit like a Blonde Moment atm Razz

montego

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 pm Reply with quote

No, not at all. You have a valid point that it is not even used (not even in the RN installation). My point was only that it doesn't buy us much. But, still valid.

So, take that Blonde Moment away. Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Feedback/Suggestions

View next topic
View previous topic