Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues
cornishpixie
Regular
Regular

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:34 am Reply with quote

After updating to 3.0.1 everythings working ok, but new members or people logging in are getting 3 captcha lines, text not image.

Also smilies and ranks are not showing properly, some are, some are half there and some are just text.

What have I not done?

I've a feeling I've not chmodded the folders/files correctly, but did them as per instructions, even re-uploaded the image folders and made sure they were in binary.

Rolling Eyes

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:01 am Reply with quote

Can you provide us with a link to your website, or an image showing what is happening.

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote

Sure

it's [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

Thanks.

I really need to get this site up and running again as we're moving from our phpBB3 forum over to the ravenNuke integrated forum after the phpBB3 forum was hacked last week.

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:13 am Reply with quote

Please can you turn on error reporting to see if any error messages are displayed.

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:28 am Reply with quote

Ok set to 2

Geez, it looks all messed up, here's the error log

Quote:
Warning: fopen(/*edited by admin*/public_html/main/rnlogs/dblog) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 110

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 114

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 115

Warning: fopen(/*edited by admin*/public_html/main/rnlogs/dblog) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 110

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 114

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /*edited by admin*/public_html/main/db/mysql.php on line 115

Also although I'm logged in as Admin (not God) I can't post in the admin posting only part of the forum ????

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:39 am Reply with quote

Fix your:

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/xxx/public_html/main/includes/class.php-captcha.php:298) in /home/xxx/public_html/main/includes/class.php-captcha.php on line 322
Use the search to find out how to fix this.

For error reporting check your config.php and rnconfig.
Set it to:
$error_reporting = E_ALL; // This is the default and means: All errors except Notices

Set dblog level to 1 and change the chmod of the file to 666

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:49 am Reply with quote

in rnconfig it's already set to '$error_reporting = E_ALL^E_NOTICE;'

OK changed this from 2 to 1 :

* set up a dblog file in your /rnlogs directory with privileges of 666 to use this
*********************************************************************************/
$loglevel = 1;

Got rid of all the error codes at the top of the pages, but still can't see graphic for captcha, and still not allowed to post in admin only threads even tho I'm logged in as admin. ??? Help lol

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:57 am Reply with quote

Sorry I did a search and can't find anything for modify header, or if I do I don't know what I'm looking for.

I feel like giving up now. This has taken me all week to get this site back after being hacked, updating it after and now it still doesnt work properly. I'm really fed up with it.

Palbin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:12 pm Reply with quote

Moving this as it an issue not a security issue.

"Debugging is twice as hard as writing the code in the first place. Therefore, if you write the code as cleverly as possible, you are, by definition, not smart enough to debug it." — Brian W. Kernighan. 
Susann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:14 pm Reply with quote

See the FAQ also for Cannot modifiy header :
[ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ]

I said change it to:

$error_reporting = E_ALL;

Palbin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:19 pm Reply with quote

For the forum problem try making yourself and admin in the forums. Being an admin in "Nuke" does not mean you are an admin in the forums.

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:44 pm Reply with quote

I am an Admin in the forums as well as Nuke.

It's ok. I'm gonna ditch the whole thing, I'm fed up with it now after a week with hardly any sleep trying to get it going.

I'll just have a forum like IPBoard or vBulletin instead.

I'm not a coder, I'm an old lady who doesnt really understand how to fix things like this when they go wrong.

Thanks anyway

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quote

Well I can understand that you are somewhere demotivated but you will have issues with other software and forums too because nothing is perfect in this world.

Your issue is relative simple to fix.
If you can´t solve it PM your FTP/admin passwords and I´ll look into this.

jakec

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote

You've done well so far, if you are still struggling take Susann up on her offer and we'll have you up and running again in no time.

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:33 pm Reply with quote

Thank you, I have pm'd Susan for help. I could have coped with this so easily last year before I was ill. Sorry to be a bother.

Susann

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:12 pm Reply with quote

Okay the captcha issue should be solved now.
The rest I will figure out tonight. Wink

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 5:23 pm Reply with quote

Thank you Susann, I do appreciate your help. xxx

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:11 am Reply with quote

cornishpixie there are different user levels for the forum e.g. 1 - admin,2- mod therefore I believe you don´t have the level of a forum admin. This can be changed in the database nuke_users.

cornishpixie

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 7:51 am Reply with quote

Thank you Susann. You are a star!

Susann

PostPosted: Sun Feb 22, 2009 8:17 am Reply with quote

cornishpixie wrote:
Thank you Susann. You are a star!

Not really. Laughing

You will not find a better support forum don´t hestitate to ask if you still have some issues. Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.30.01 RN All Other Issues

View next topic
View previous topic