Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues
wind
Hangin' Around

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:47 pm Reply with quote

hey i get this error when i try and post on the forums on our website! i use to be able to post fine /i am the admin BTW\ but i had to change the path of where the cookies where stored as people where getting invalid session and they could not post but i could now i fixed that and normal users can post but i cant lol so heres the error I'm getting

Could not connect to smtp host : 110 : Connection timed out
DEBUG MODE Line : 113 File : smtp.php

so yea any help would be great!
thanks wind

nuken
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:23 pm Reply with quote

Did you try deleting your browser cookies?

evaders99
Former Moderator in Good Standing

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote

Are your SMTP settings in your Forums Configuration correct?

Need help? Nuke Patched Core, Coding Services, Webmaster Services 
wind

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:34 pm Reply with quote

yes i have tryd deleting your browser cookies no luck Sad and smtp settings are correct... i think lol

jestrella

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 9:33 pm Reply with quote

Does your server requires SSL or TLS to connect to the SMTP server? if so, you'll need to turn off the mail option of phpBB as is it does no support encrypted connections as of this writing.

May not be the case, but your server might have setup stronger firewall rules blocking all attempts to connect to the mail server.

Best Regards
Jonathan Estrella [ Only registered users can see links on this board! Get registered or login! ] 
dad7732
RavenNuke(tm) Development Team

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:24 am Reply with quote

Maybe your ISP has disabled SMTP port 25 as most of them are doing these days. I admin my own server and port 25 is disabled and another enabled.

Try using your smtp server's IP address instead of the hostname

Make sure you enter your SMTP user name and password in the proper case, lower/upper, etc.

Also, may not have anything to do with it but check the settings in TegoNuke to see if they are the same. <shot in the dark> Smile

wind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:26 pm Reply with quote

jestrella wrote:
Does your server requires SSL or TLS to connect to the SMTP server? if so, you'll need to turn off the mail option of phpBB as is it does no support encrypted connections as of this writing.

May not be the case, but your server might have setup stronger firewall rules blocking all attempts to connect to the mail server.

hey dude yes i use ssl: so i should turn off smtp in phpbb admin? then it will work fine?

thanks
wind Smile

dad7732

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:27 pm Reply with quote

Try it and see, won't hurt to try.

wind

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:29 pm Reply with quote

dad7732 wrote:
Maybe your ISP has disabled SMTP port 25 as most of them are doing these days. I admin my own server and port 25 is disabled and another enabled.

Try using your smtp server's IP address instead of the hostname

Make sure you enter your SMTP user name and password in the proper case, lower/upper, etc.

Also, may not have anything to do with it but check the settings in TegoNuke to see if they are the same. <shot in the dark> Smile

hey dude i dont use port 25 for smtp but i different one witch works fine with tegonuke

and i will re enter my user name and pass word thanks for the help
wind Smile

jestrella

PostPosted: Sat Jan 31, 2009 6:30 pm Reply with quote

phpBB2 does not support encrypted connections natively, so yo should disable mail options in forum admin. I think there's a phpBB addon called betterSMTP that could help you out a lot.

wind

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:55 pm Reply with quote

haha thanks but that didn't fix the problem only temp solved it lol Shocked i think i need a new SMTP provider atm I'm using gmail dose any 1 know of a beater free provider? or a provider that doesn't use ssl?

the reason i say free as I'm only 16 and i have no way of paying 4 a paid one lol eg no visa master-card etc

thanks wind Smile

also dose tegonuke support ssl???

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:05 pm Reply with quote

TegoNuke Mailer doesn't support SSL neither.... Don't know of a free SMTP provider, if you get to find one let me know Laughing

jestrella

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 11:09 pm Reply with quote

BTW... would require a little hardwork to implement but you can use PhpNukeMailer that supports SSL and TLS encrypted connections, and two other alternative send methods as POP before SMTP and Qmail.

montego
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:49 am Reply with quote

BTW, since I've had to step back from development, it might be good to replace the TegoNuke(tm) Mailer with PHPNukeMailer in future RN releases. My feelings won't be hurt.

However, just so you know, the underlying Swift Mailer (which my personal opinion is better than PHPMailer), does support SSL and TLS. But, the author doesn't support PHP4 any longer (my preference anyways). I sure wanted to keep moving TN Mailer moving forward along with Swift and continue to add the additional options, but just don't know when I could get the time to do it. Sorry.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> v2.3 RN Issues

View next topic
View previous topic