Ravens PHP Scripts: Forums

View next topic
View previous topic
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x
bigbadjames

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:16 pm Reply with quote

Ok, i have the updated version of raven nuke isntalled, i downloaded the IP2C file from nukescripts , it is one big file, no extension. How do i "update" my sentinel with this huge file? do i just upload it to my server somewhere? is there something i have to do in sentinel?

the reason i want to update is because i have 3 users who cant access my site, with sentinel off, they can access it, with sentinel on and proxy off they cant, i looked up their IP using the search and it says IANA reservered. i am assuming sentinel is not allowing them because of that? they are located in the USA using either dsl or cable connection. their starting IPs are 173.24.x.x i tried editing the range, deleteing the range and readding to make it show as USA but it kept coming back as IANA.

So i guess i have 2 probs here, 1 ... no idea how to load the huge file or whatever needs done, and 2.... how to get these 3 people access to my site!

Raven
Site Admin/Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 3:04 am Reply with quote

The How To Install that comes with RavenNuke(tm) explains how to install/upgrade from previous versions of RavenNuke(tm) and includes a script for upgrading your NukeSentinel(tm) to v2.6.01. If, for some reason you can't use the NukeSentinel(tm) upgrade script then proceed with the rest of this post.

First of all, make sure you have downloaded the UPGRADE pack unless your version of NukeSentinel(tm) was really out of date. The README.txt file should explain how to upgrade. If you can use the UPGRADE pack then just point your browser to the nsnst.php file and follow the upgrade instructions. If you can't then the README.txt file explains how to manually upgrade your ip2country table using phpMyAdmin.

bigbadjames

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:08 am Reply with quote

well, i upgraded my ravennuke to 2.3 in december. i tried to recreate the installation directory and put the upgrade sentinel and ravenconfig back on the server, but it just tells me im up to date. i still have this big gz file that i downloaded from nukescripts (i only found one file in their downloads section) that i dont know how to get into it! i do not see a readme file that explains how to do this, the gz file did not come with documentation. if there is a specific readme, can you point me to what the location was in the original install files (there are a dozen or so readme files) , you also said this could be done through phpmyadmin, which i have access to, but there again, i see no instructions anywhere of what to do with the file, im not even sure i have the right file (although it says its ip2 country data from september of 2008).

jakec
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:26 am Reply with quote

You need to extract the compressed file, once extracted you will see the readme file.

bigbadjames

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 4:43 am Reply with quote

i did, there was no readme

jakec

PostPosted: Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:37 am Reply with quote

OK I've just downloaded it and there is. If you are getting a GZ file after extracting then extract the GZ file as well. It seems to be a quirk of some compression software.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Ravens PHP Scripts And Web Hosting Forum Index -> NukeSentinel(tm) v2.6.x

View next topic
View previous topic